Has Darts eclipsed Snooker?

It would have been unthinkable 30 years ago and the counter argument would be that Snooker has larger viewership with the BBC contract but in my opinion especially among younger people Darts has become much more popular.

No

4 Likes

It eclipsed it about 15 years ago in the U.K…

1 Like

Apart from Ronnie I doubt anyone under 20 could name a snooker player.

1 Like

You’d be wrong

3 Likes

Snooker has zero box office appeal. It’s one of the very few sports, along with cricket in this country, that will be instantly knocked off/switched over on the tele if it comes on in a pub.

1 Like

Darts is the second most watched sport on sky after soccer and has been for well over ten years apparently

Iirc the Premier League, Van Barneveld and moving to the A Palace happened within a year or two of one another. That’s when it clearly took over.

I disagree.

https://twitter.com/eddiehearn/status/1742524034598707526?s=46&t=yRtB8lhW_RucCjdm3dqcBw

1 Like

I much prefer snooker but all the WhatsApp groups I’m in are all flat out discussing darts

The thing is, what snooker desperately needs is a Littler.

Ronnie, Higgins, Williams etc need replacing and there’s fuck all there.

3 Likes

Some fella randomly asked me about darts on a project TOUCHPOINT call this morning. No one has ever done this with snooker.

Therefore, darts > snooker.

4 Likes
Which sport is more popular now?
  • Darts
  • Snooker
0 voters

Snooker is a sport from a bygone era where people felt they had more time.

Same goes for Test cricket and baseball.

Theres nothing wrong with that and you breed a more loyal audience.

I personally bored of Darts.

2 Likes

I completely missed the recent World Darts Championships as it was held in December. Proceedings would usually be getting underway this Saturday lunchtime in Frimley Green.

6 Likes

Neither a sport

1 Like

I presume he was asking you what route you would take to checkout 90 with 3 darts in hand?

Bull
Treble 12
Double 2

The PDC has a right corner boy element to it

4 Likes