Have you ever soiled yourself as an adult?

ā€œTouching clothā€ as the fella says

Turtle-heading.

1 Like

We have all been that soldier.

3 Likes

I donā€™t see a run for you on Strava today @caulifloweredneanderthal, what gives??

Ah I only did 3km in the end. I didnā€™t have time to go back out post shite as the Mrs was off to work and Iā€™d to look after the little one. I have to switch on the computer to load my times up as my watch is so old and wasnā€™t switching on any computer today

Is shitting yourself common amongst the running community? Seems to be a theme amongst the TFK Parkrun brigade

6 Likes

Iā€™ve left a fair few at various points around the woods and mountains up here. The GAA pitch is right beside the school where the little wan starts tomorrow so I was wary of taking a shite in the hedge there.

2 Likes

Literally and figuratively pal.

Iā€™ve never shat myself on a run but I did take a shit in bushes on the Clonard Road in Wexford town at around 1.48am on Sunday morning. Didnā€™t log it (pun unintended) on this thread before now as I didnā€™t technically soil myself but felt obliged to mention it when the thread was bumped.

12 Likes

Never eat weetabix or porridge before a run !

I always eat porridge before a run and never had an issue

2 Likes

I usually take porridge before a run as well. But I need to take a shit before I leave for the run then.

This morning was an out of bed run before breakfast so if really caught me on the hop

@fenwaypark someone was saying recently to eat rice krispies or coco pops for the marathon as less chance of GI distressā€¦ Hadnā€™t heard that before and was wary of how much energy youā€™d get off it. The likelihood is Iā€™ll be having my breakfast hours in advance anyway. What do you reckon?

To be honest, I dont know the answer. Ive found porridge to be great. Id throw in a banana aswell. Why not try the rice crispies for a long run and see how you get on.

1 Like

Iā€™ve moved to Rice Krispies for long runs on this marathon training block. It has to be traditional Rice Krispies, not the Rice Krispies shapes. Think @Mac recommended it & had the theory behind it.

1 Like

Itā€™s all them gels they be taking,theyā€™d have you pissing out yer arse apparently

I brought the chislers to the playground on Saturday. Stopped for a coffee on the way and it didnā€™t suit the gut. I knew if I did any sudden movements there could have been issues. The kids were trying to get me to push the roundabout. Told them Daddy was only capable of pushing them on the swing and even that felt like a gamble. Big clearance when I got home.

4 Likes

when you go on a long run itā€™s harder for your body to break down heavy fibre foods like porridge and if it canā€™t break it down then itā€™ll just try and force it out of you. Rice Krispies are just pure carbs so give an energy boost and are very easy to break down

7 Likes