He deserves a thread of his own

heā€™s only shite when compared to a true great

I was born to wanderā€¦!

[quote=ā€œchewy louie, post: 722797ā€]

I wonā€™t be home til the 29th of December this year. I will go out of my way to see him in 2013 though[/quote]

This is sad news. Iā€™d say the mother was fine and frosty with you dropping you off to shannon with no breakfast. And you not coming for the christmas.

not at all sure i knew 12 months in advance that i would be working this christmas

Itā€™s just been announced that Bustin Outta Here will be the next single from Damien Dempseyā€™s new album. The video for it has been directed by Maser whose street art featuring Damien Dempsey lyrics has been on display around Dublin over the past couple of years. :clap: :clap: :clap:

ā€œGreed is the knife and the scars run deep.ā€

Doublin Towin

Well I went down arowind
Good owl Doublin Towin
The streets smelt so shitty
Bono want the biddy

If the shit smell stays rowind
Iā€™ll shoot the bastards dowin
Stab stab stabbiddy doo
Iā€™m writing songs better then you

Bustin Outta Here is his maā€™s favourite song off the new album. :clap:

Iā€™d love to see Canadian Geese released as a single. Could make an epic video for that.

Also, has anyone listened to any of the original versions of Scottish trad song Fire in the Glen on Youtube? Proves how talented a man he is, the original arrangement and melody is fairly shite, like most things that are Scottish. Damoā€™s take on it is sublime.

Fire in the glen
whereā€™s me ballpoint pen
Of them I have ten
More than yer men
Anybody seen Ben?

HE DOES IN HIS BOLLIX

For any of the lads who canā€™t make the Dublin show in December.

http://www.thesourceartscentre.ie/events/info/damien-dempsey

I went to school
Then drowned in the pool
Oh I was a fool
Trying to be cool
I sat on a stool
Then began to drool
Got kicked by a mule
After eating some gruel
I lost my only tool
It fell into a spool
Itā€™s always the rule
In the season of yule

[size=2]Flano, writing songs better than Damo Dempsey since for fucking ever[/size]

[quote=ā€œFlano, post: 722815ā€]I went to school
Then drowned in the pool
Oh I was a fool
Trying to be cool
I sat on a stool
Then began to drool
Got kicked by a mule
After eating some gruel
I lost my only tool
It fell into a spool
Itā€™s always the rule
In the season of yule

[size=2]Flano, writing songs better than Damo Dempsey since for fucking ever[/size][/quote]

Ball Ox light. Jog on pal.

Warrior poetry flano :clap:

Even if that were true, still better than Dempsey.

I like the old school stuff. First heard him supporting Morrissey in Dublin Castle. Good set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UIzkN64NGg

NEGATIVE VIBES

An inspiration for our times.

id pretty much listen to anything but surely dempsey is one of the worst singers going?

maybe its an acquired taste

I was once like you. It was only in June that my lady put on his ā€œShotsā€ album in the kitchen one night. I rolled my eyes. Second time she did so, I began to feel a little, tiny bit of grĆ” for it. Third time and I was hooked. After that itā€™s the point of no return, youā€™re a diehard fanatic. Heā€™s like Guinness, really.

Yer all welcome to come on down to chipperary now ye hear!

Is he worth a look lads, have to say its not my type of music at all but if he is all that live etc.

Stout?

Aussie Guinness maybe? I drink it in a couple of places, maybe Iā€™ll give DD another go so