Health Insurance

If I paid for my own health insurance I’d never use VHI always pissed me off when they went crying to the government over having older policy holders and BUPA were forced to pay more because of it.

You can change whenever you want, pretty sure that was changed around 2005.

Well I tend to bury me head in the sand over all of those type of things so it was only when they sent out the renewal premium (i.e. yearly) that I went ‘holy fuck that is expensive’.

ring up VHI tell them you got a quote from aviva or whatever and they will probably drop a hundred or more. good for a laugh even if you are set on changing. left 3 broadband there they offered me three months free for a finish to stay :lol: . is there not a compare the market tool online for that sort of stuff anyway.

The irish public health system is hurdling towards europe’s top ten so not sure if private health insurance is overly worth it.

I’d fully support them on that.

Ridiculous to allow new entrants into a market like that and not compel them to take an equally risky book of business. I’m with Quinn at the moment - will be switching away soon. Fucking gangsters when it comes to claiming.

Can’t agree there Rocko, it’d be different if the new entrant went out of their way to exclude the riskier client but they didn’t

But everyone knows that young people are more likely to switch and all new entrants will be of a certain age and ergo less risky.
VHI had a book of business that by its nature had a number of older clients. The balance of risk was always going to remain with VHI - just like Eircom, ESB etc will all have an older customer base than new starters. When the age of the customer is directly related to profits then you need to balance it out somehow.

I don’t see how thats the new entrants problem though, surely it should have been up to VHI to have kept there new client list up to combat that.

Pinkos don’t believe in the invisible hand, Rintintin. Interfering busybodies is what they are.

No they couldn’t do that unless the balance of switchers to the competition was in keeping with the age profile of the book of business. And all new customers to all books of business would need to be in the same agegroup as the existing book of business of VHI too.

That simply won’t happen. New customers are younger than older customers so unless VHI get every new customer then there book of business is automatically growing older and therefore is less profitable than the competition.

I’d watch those sneaky cunts in Aviva. My premium went up about 40% after the first year.

I really don’t feel I’m getting the value out of €840 per year on my health insurance. I fucking despise the fact that I have to pay it but I’m not going to rely on public health service

The notion of a semi state providing private health insurance is truly absurd. The sooner the Dutch health model is implemented in Ireland the better.

I would do VHI customer Tricia, Crohns disease or no Crohns disease

Cunts

No health servies for anyone who doesnt pay. Simples.

http://www.psyked.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/simples.jpg

I better get very sick next year

Never mind

Wasn’t one of the excuses that they expect a 10% rise in people getting sick this year? WTF?

I’m no expert, but bar a really bad virus engulfing the country, i can’t see the stats of people getting sick and claiming varying too much from year to year. And how do they know this, yer man from VHI sounded like he just made it up there on the spot.

Bar working for a multi national i’ve never had health insurance in my adult life, and i’m fucked if i’m getting it now. When i’m older i may get it, but its not like its car insurance where you get bonuses for loyalty and not claiming. It seems to make no fucking difference at all, at least thats what my folks have told me, as i say i know very little about it.

I’m sorting out my VHI claim for the year 1 December 2013 - 30 November 2014 today, guys. I have 90 days from policy year end to submit my claim so that means I have until the end of February. I was covered for my hip operation, overnight stay in SSC and 2 MRI scans and VHI settled these directly. But I can claim back €60 per consultant visit (x3), €25 per physio visit (max 10) and a few other things like GP and dentist visits. One year I forgot to put in my claim in time and they point blank refused to accept a late claim. Best me getting back the €400/€500 than them retain it anyway. Maybe some of you might also have stuff to claim so please take this post as a gentle reminder.

Is health insurance for children the biggest con since auditing was invented?

1 Like