Healthy Treats For Rocko Thread

Pancakes -

Serves 1 (3 to 4 small pancakes)

2eggs, 35-50g of porridge oats, table spoon of light cottage cheese, pinch of cinnamon and drop of vanilla essence. Blend it up and off you go…serve with fat free natural yogurt, little bit of honey and some fruit.

1 Like

And half a tub of Nutella. Ace.

2 Likes

I made pancakes with wholemeal flour this morning. They were terrific but do rely on a small amount of butter. I’ll be giving these guys a go.

@rocko, Ferrero Rocher

8 dark rye ryvita, 4 level tablespoons of nutella (or two heaped), level tablespoon of golden syrup… Crush up the ryvita until powder like… You can blend if you like… Heat the nutella and syrup for a few seconds in microwave, just enough to get it soft so you can mix it up… Add in the crushed ryvita and make little Rocher sized balls when done and place in fridge for an hour.

2 Likes

That sounds magnificent.

@rocko, I find they’re prone to burning when you use oats. The starting point is two eggs and a banana, fry that in coconut oil and you’ll get a grand pancake. You can experiment on that recipe a bit then with the addition of almond flour, semolina, coconut flour, vanilla essence, whey powder, chia seeds, baking soda -but eggs and banana is your base.

This morning I had three eggs, a banana, half a scoop of vanilla protein, scoop coconut flour, small tsp baking soda (makes them rise for lovely light pancakes), salt, some chia seeds. Blended in the nutri bullet this made batter for four lovely pancakes.

1 Like

I’ve never burned them, mate… But each to whatever.

Try banana instead of oats anyway. It’s lovely. A gamechanger even.

What is the difference between your pancake and a banana omelette, have I missed something?

Been there…prefer oats, kid.

I should say that the banana does taste nicer… but the oats are healthier… The sugar in a mushed up banana is crazy even opposed to even just eating a banana the regular way…

An omelette is eggs folded over a filling.

You know that the rate of digestion of different foods changes according to what you eat them with? So, high GI foods like spuds etc eaten alone are rapidly digested. Eat the same spuds with a portion of veg and the GI of your meal climbs down. Eat the same spuds with a portion of protein and the GI drops dramatically.

So the carbs in a banana when mixed with the protein and healthy fats in the eggs and my various other suggested ingredients become part of a good a slow energy release meal. Science innit.

2 Likes

Ye lads must have done home economics in the leaving cert.

1 Like

Nah, I just have a good woman…

1 Like

@myboyblue got the scoop here Fagan

One of “The Corrigans”. A right funny man.

A pint of TFK