Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Samba hurling there👏

We hammered Waterford last year and people got carried away and we got hammered versus Clare 7 days later. We need to keep our focus here.

cc @Breaking_my_balls :popcorn:

Dod motoring

Huge game next weekend bring on Klare

She’s dangerous - be careful.

I reckon the composer of that hilarious letter, Ger Corrigan, is one of the fellas from “The Corrigans”

Just back from Walsh Park.

Got in, got out, got the two points. Job done.

Waterford were reminiscent of us in the dying days of Justin McCarthy. Just rudderless and needing to be put out of their misery. No team with Barron, de Burca and Gleeson should be getting pumped by 18 and 20 points in consecutive championship matches. Clare and Cork have shown the template to beat us but Waterford just played into our hands. Driving it in long aimlessly and we mopped up.

Anyway the show is back on the road for now. Hayes & Hegarty were different gravy. Lorded it. POL did well and surely can’t be left out next week, unless Byrnes was/is injured. Good to see Dan back playing well but lumping ball down on him will suit him all day long.

Tom Morrissey still not firing but glad he nabbed a point, he’ll start next week but is overdue a display really.

Overall a match you can’t really read much into it. A confidence booster but now it’s down to the serious stuff. Next week is knock out for us really. Lose and we are gone. Clare were so appalling today that they can’t possibly play worse. We’re due one against them but it’s going to be a battle, skin and hair flying.

Lovely to bump into two forum heavyweights today also. @anon61878697 clearly hasn’t assimilated into Cork life yet as (1) he doesn’t have that vile accent and (2) he’s normal. :clap:

@iron_mike looked in great shape after his recent health battles too and was pleased with our first half display.

We go again next week. I’m overnighting in Ardmore tonight and just off out the door for a Lucozade.

One last thing - Derek McGrath is turning into some pain in the hole. Throws Fanning under the bus on RTE Radio One - “we averaged 26.5 points under me, we only scored 10 points today” but then throws in “but I’m not blaming Paraic.”

17 Likes

Mcgrath may have been part of the problem, or is now. He can barely hide his delight.

2 Likes

It would have been terrible for hurling if they had won that A-I playing the way they did. Club and county teams all over would have adopted the same tactics.

He did a good job when he was in charge of Waterford but the reverence he is held in by RTE is completely OTT. He’s on every every tv and radio show going. New column in the Cork Examiner too. I find him painful, he’ll use 25 words when four will do.

Bring back Loughnane to fuck.

2 Likes

His squinty faced over complicated analysis is very hard to listen to.

1 Like

He’s a bit of a bollix.

Is that premierviews brother?

Would appear his sense of humor alright.

How serious is Barry Murphy’s injury?

Will keep him out of the next two games at least.

1 Like

Grade 2 hamstring tear, about 6 weeks

1 Like

Second hamstring injury from a sub coming on now. Sort it out to fuck Joe O’Connor

3 Likes

Next week will tell alot nice little reminder from Clare manager that we lost to them last year :roll_eyes: