Hearts v Celtic

Presumably an unchanged team from midweek, although Rodgers said McGregor went off at half time due to calf/achilles pain rather than the big lead so he’s a doubt.

Was hoping the late win at Motherwell would kickstart something & the signs in midweek were promising. Yang was excellent again & it would be great if he could sustain that level consistently. More minutes for CCV, likes of Johnston & O’Riley returning to form too & seven (7) different goalscorers. It was the best display of the season the type of football we’ve been crying out for…now to follow up & maintain that baseline for the rest of the season. Can they? Will they?

I said last weekend there’d be plenty of twists & turns before the season ends, & yesterday showed that. Important to drive it home today & turn the Huns’ defeat into a real momentum changer. Hearts won at Celtic Park in the last meeting but Celtic thumped them at Tynecastle before that. They got destroyed at Ibrox last weekend so it’s hard to know what to expect from them.

I’d say we won’t see McGregor. Presume then Bernardo will come in.

We’ve lacked consistency all season from individual players as well as the team collectively. Yang had been really good for a game and a half and we need him to keep that going. In fairness wingers are generally a bit streaky but when he wasn’t in form he looked bereft of confidence. He didn’t seem to be capable of an average performance, unlike say Palma.

That inconsistency has been across the pitch. O’Riley gets a pass because he sustained his form for a long period when others didn’t though his levels had dropped recently. Idah got his two penalties and then was poor the next game so another player we need to get a run out of.

All of that is a bit negative. I think we’ll have taken confidence from those recent games and will put on another good performance today.

I think this is the biggest game Celtic will have played in a while. A chance to go top and stay there for a while as it’s the cup next weekend. Der Hun are away in Europe on Thursday night, Hibs in the cup and then the second leg of European tie (I think, might be wrong on that) Nothing easy about that run. Few defeats, injuries would be ideal. Anyway just get the job done today Celtic with a minimum of fuss please…

2 Likes

As always we need a good start at Tynecastle. Hopefully rain goals on the cunts

Ah fuck

That’s a poor penalty really. Rolled it down the middle.

Shite peno

John Beaton trying to send Yang off for a high foot? Really?!

He’s gone.

Has to go

That’s ridiculous.

We’ve had two or three of those recently that weren’t even looked at.

Very very soft

I think that’s a yellow at best & move on. Some St Mirren chap got a red card against Celtic for something similar at Christmas. Bizarre then.

1 Like

It’s a red all day

1 Like

Rodgers does this 4-3-1-1 when we got down to 10. Maeda plays centrally off the striker & we’re light on the flanks. Full backs get doubled up on a fair bit.

1 Like

No need for Idah to drift offside there.

1 Like

Was poor stuff

Idah needs to work more off the ball here

1 Like