Hearts v Celtic

I’d like to see De palma come on soon enough just to bring some pace to it

Fuck off.

Again who’s Scales nodding the first ball down to?

Not scales fault there , he won an aerial challenge , it’s midfield who are getting destroyed. As Sutton said it was the second ball that Celtic didn’t contest

1 Like

He headed it straight down to their player under little pressure & was walked around from the second ball. His defending has been very poor again today. Even when he’s making blocks, they’re last ditch because he’s yards out of position & straining to get across.

I agree he’s brutal but think the header is harsh

Not Scales fault that Taylor can’t defend or react

Well that was shit.

Hard task with the ten men and the ridiculous penalty. But we had more off days today.

Scales wasn’t assertive throughout. Full backs did nothing on the ball.

Iwata was exposed when we went light in midfield. Same for Bernardo really.

Idah took a crap penalty and missed a couple of chances. Some poor offsides too but his general play was decent. Maeda was sloppy. Kyogo was bright.

Notwithstanding being down a man and if Idah scores peno it’s a different game both Celtic and Rodgers are as stale as fcuk this season . The only positive is there’s no change in table from start of weekend . The worry is Rangers are down a whole host of players and are still top of league .

O Riley is showing all the signs of a lad who went too hard in pre season , hit the ground running early doors and is now bolloxed come the businesss end

He has been but I thought he was decent today. He was effectively playing right wing and centre midfield and still managed to get on the ball a lot and they didn’t get forward down his flank much.

1 Like

After the weekend the status quo remains so it’s not a big deal the loss with 10 men . I’m more concerned that season is nearly over and Celtic show no sign of getting going yet . Players just going through the motions

Crocker said in commentary that O’Riley has been sick since midweek & might not have played but for McGregor being out. I thought he was showing signs of getting back to his best form lately.

Rodgers went for the officials in his interview for the red card & the penalty. The penalty is obscene - the rule specifically references instances where players are off balance & that contact with the hand shouldn’t be considered a foul. Like Iwata takes a dunt from behind & he’s falling forward & the ball is just landing on the edge of the box. It’s not intentional or denying a goal scoring opportunity, it’s just totally incidental. How a team of officials could all (accidentally?) get the call so wrong is ridiculous.

I wasn’t all that impressed with how Celtic had adapted to ten men but it was still 0-0. Going behind to that penalty then made it a very difficult task & I was disappointed with the second goal concession. I thought Idah did fairly well in general play but missing the penalty obviously changed the game too. Kyogo was lively but his body language is off - he’s a bit sulky & greedy too. It’s not terminal obviously & it’s another twist & turn but that felt like officials intervening to alter the momentum back again rather than it playing out naturally.

1 Like

Are you confident Celtic have enough about them to do rangers in the two fixtures because that’s what it will come down to .

1 Like

I’m not confident about this version of Celtic but, despite some below par displays today, I’d give the players & manager a pass because I don’t think they were given a fair crack of the whip. That’s the frustrating thing because I think the game today was a chance to take charge of the title race/make a statement/stamp their authority all over the title race (delete as appropriate) & that was denied them in large part due to the officials.

I don’t know how it’ll go to be honest. I don’t think the huns are particularly good either & they’ve been having Stuart Bingham like run of the balls over the last while & maybe yesterday signals the start of them regressing to the mean. I don’t think Celtic will necessarily need to beat them twice but I don’t want to lose the next derby at Ibrox. That would give them a game & a half lead (assuming no further dropped points before then) heading into the last six & they’d have that cushion heading to Celtic Park in the final derby.

2 Likes

1 Like

Lay off scales

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes