Hillsborough

Very odd how you felt the need to piss all over the thing on the week of the tragedy instead of debating it in the weeks before or after. Given the bile you had reserved for it I’d say you were wetting yourself in the lead up to the Anniversary, positively giddy with yourself at how much fun it would be to piss off the others on here.

I wouldn’t be surprised if you’d done the same on some of the Liverpool fan sites, getting your sick little thrill over giving it big licks to people grieving about the deaths of their loved ones. You love an ol family ripped apart and suffering I’d say. I’m all for a bit of craic, but what you find amusing is downright sick, you need to seek a little help before it finishes you.

Ah here, the cunt has dragged me in now, fucking hell, I’ve mugged myself off good and proper here. Seriously, lock this thread, save us from this cunt and kid.

Yeah pal, I’m absolutely delighted that people were killed at a football match. That’s exactly the point I was trying to make in this thread. Ibrox, Bradford, Burnden Park, Heysel, Hillsborough - made up that all those people died. :rolleyes:

“You love an ol family ripped apart I’d say.” :rolleyes:

You can’t accept that people have alternative views to the gospel of blue boy. Fairly immature really.

[QUOTE=“Kid Chocolate, post: 932821, member: 553”]Leave it open , I’ve gone through this “independent report” over the last 2 days and its terms of reference , approach to how it went about its business , but more importantly what it chose to ignore including one fine contribution by the Yorkshire police which was merely referenced , I’ve a lot more to add here.

Interesting also that despite voluntary non contested contributions from SWFC and Yorkshire police to the bereaved compensation fund the figure opposite the initials LFC remains a 0[/QUOTE]

Id say youre as competent to go through the report as a shellfish is competent to drive a HGV

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 932832, member: 1552”]Oh look who it is, someone desperate to fit in to attain some popularity on here wades into a debate to slag off someone with an alternative point of view. Giving it the big 'un and berating others, rather than constructively debating the issue at hand. “dodgy’s opinion is not shared by the majority on this thread so I’ll try and score a few brownie points and call him a cunt rather than put forward my own coherent arguments as to why he is wrong here.”

You are pathetic, gutless cowardly prick. I disagree with a lot of what is said on various topics but I don’t need to throw a strop whenever someone says something I don’t like. “bile and hatred, giant pool of hatred in which he will eventually drown.” Calm the fuck down you drama queen.

As for the Hillsborough issue no-one is glorifying in the death of 96 people at a sporting event. Absolutely terrible what happened. My issue is how Liverpool FC and their fans won’t accept even a tiny amount of responsibility for that day (not the full blame as it was not all their fault but a small acknowledgement that too many supporters had showed up and that had tragically contributed to what happened). It was the South Yorkshire Police, it was the FA, it was Thatcher, it was The Sun, it was the match officials - everyone elses fault. Again I repeat no-one deserved to die, the police made terrible mistakes but people arriving without tickets inadvertantly led to the innocent people at the front getting crushed. That’s all I am saying.

Heysel - wasn’t their fault then either. It was UEFA, it was the National Front, it was Chelsea, it was the stadium.

Athens 2007 - it was the authorities fault, it was UEFA’s fault.

The last independent commission which absolved Liverpool fans was chaired by the Bishop of Liverpool - how is that independent. The victims deserve to be remembered, no-one should suffer the way the victims and their families have but this campaign for Justice almost appears, to me anyway, to be an attempt to shift blame on to every other party when a tacit acknowledgement that a number of factors - one of them being ticketless and drunk fans present - contributed to what happened. Instead it is an attempt to totally and categorically foist blame on everyone else. That’s my issue.

Raising any valid points like this is used by some as an insult to the 96. Absolute bollocks. They were the unfortunate victims, no-one has said or is saying they were responsible for their deaths.[/QUOTE]

Just watch the footage. The fans turned up as normal and in jovial spirits. The fans turned up well before kickoff but there were delays due to major road works but the vast majority were there from 2.15 onwards. The police were undermanned. There were 6/7 turnstiles for 20 odd thousand. The new chief police officer on duty froze and let the crowd outside build up and up and up. The new police chief in charge did not call for a delayed kick-off as had been done on previous occasions. The new police chief in charge ORDERED the gate opened at about 6 mins to kickoff. The fans WALKED in casually, no one rushed in. The gate to the middle pens was unguarded and open, the new chief police officer on duty should have had it locked as was done on previous years. The crowd, like any crowd would do walked straight ahead into the visible entrance to the pens behind the goals, which were already crowded. The pens on either side were half empty and enough to take the crowd and if they had been directed there nothing would have happened. The police officers on duty have said there was no drunkeness, no mob forcing open a gate, no rush in by a mob.
They are the facts my friend - if you want to suggest that maybe 50-100 fans without tickets caused all that you must be out of your head- They’ve already estimated that the numbers there were roughly the same as tickets allocated… It was complete police negligence on the day, negligence that was narrowly avoided on three occasions previous because experienced officers were on duty, had delayed kickoff and also because the barriers were not there to prevent fans moving to the side.

As for your dig about Athens- It didn’t exist until Scrunchie posted up his post, now you are screaming blue murder about it as if it is a fact you’ve known all your life-- I don’t know how many more times it needs to be said- Heysel was a disgrace, and Liverpool fans were predominately to blame- It has nothing to do with Hillsborough- the evidence is there on camera and in the statements of the police and fans to show there was no hooliganism on display bar the odd scally that you would get at any game. Liverpool fans, no more so than any fans, are no angels, but Hillsborough was nothing to do with crowd trouble.

That’s the last I will post on this thread.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 932841, member: 180”]

Ah here, the cunt has dragged me in now, fucking hell, I’ve mugged myself off good and proper here.[/QUOTE]

What the fuck are you on ?..

this thread is dying a slow death, lock it FFS

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 932844, member: 1552”]Yeah pal, I’m absolutely delighted that people were killed at a football match. That’s exactly the point I was trying to make in this thread. Ibrox, Bradford, Burnden Park, Heysel, Hillsborough - made up that all those people died. :rolleyes:

[/QUOTE]
Quite appropriate that you use the phrase “made up” as you’ve made up your own facts about Hillsborough to suit your own prejudices.

[QUOTE=“Mark Renton, post: 932854, member: 1796”]Just watch the footage. The fans turned up as normal and in jovial spirits. The fans turned up well before kickoff but there were delays due to major road works but the vast majority were there from 2.15 onwards. The police were undermanned. There were 6/7 turnstiles for 20 odd thousand. The new chief police officer on duty froze and let the crowd outside build up and up and up. The new police chief in charge did not call for a delayed kick-off as had been done on previous occasions. The new police chief in charge ORDERED the gate opened at about 6 mins to kickoff. The fans WALKED in casually, no one rushed in. The gate to the middle pens was unguarded and open, the new chief police officer on duty should have had it locked as was done on previous years. The crowd, like any crowd would do walked straight ahead into the visible entrance to the pens behind the goals, which were already crowded. The pens on either side were half empty and enough to take the crowd and if they had been directed there nothing would have happened. The police officers on duty have said there was no drunkeness, no mob forcing open a gate, no rush in by a mob.
They are the facts my friend - if you want to suggest that maybe 50-100 fans without tickets caused all that you must be out of your head- They’ve already estimated that the numbers there were roughly the same as tickets allocated… It was complete police negligence on the day, negligence that was narrowly avoided on three occasions previous because experienced officers were on duty, had delayed kickoff and also because the barriers were not there to prevent fans moving to the side.

As for your dig about Athens- It didn’t exist until Scrunchie posted up his post, now you are screaming blue murder about it as if it is a fact you’ve known all your life-- I don’t know how many more times it needs to be said- Heysel was a disgrace, and Liverpool fans were predominately to blame- It has nothing to do with Hillsborough- the evidence is there on camera and in the statements of the police and fans to show there was no hooliganism on display bar the odd scally that you would get at any game. Liverpool fans, no more so than any fans, are no angels, but Hillsborough was nothing to do with crowd trouble.

That’s the last I will post on this thread.[/QUOTE]

Last I’ll post on this thread too.

Might see you at the Athlone game tomorrow night?

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 932863, member: 1552”]Last I’ll post on this thread too.

Might see you at the Athlone game tomorrow night?[/QUOTE]

I’m writing a permission slip right now… I hope she signs it.

She keeps the leash good and tight so, does she? Proper order for a deviant like yourself.

[QUOTE=“Mark Renton, post: 932854, member: 1796”]
As for your dig about Athens- It didn’t exist until Scrunchie posted up his post, now you are screaming blue murder about it as if it is a fact you’ve known all your life-- [/QUOTE]

That’s bollocks in fairness. Liverpool’s fans behaviour in Athens was a disgrace, and that’s without mentioning the waiter in Bulgaria who got brain damaged by a Liverpool fan dropping a block on his head. After what happened at Hillsbrough you’d think Liverpool fans would be the last ones to storm the gates without tickets, but that’s what happened.

What gets on most people’s nerves is the rank hypocrisy of Liverpool fans. Respect our dead but say nothing when we act the cunt is your mantra.

[QUOTE=“Sandymount Red, post: 932915, member: 1074”]That’s bollocks in fairness. Liverpool’s fans behaviour in Athens was a disgrace, and that’s without mentioning the waiter in Bulgaria who got brain damaged by a Liverpool fan dropping a block on his head. After what happened at Hillsbrough you’d think Liverpool fans would be the last ones to storm the gates without tickets, but that’s what happened.

What gets on most people’s nerves is the rank hypocrisy of Liverpool fans. Respect our dead but say nothing when we act the cunt is your mantra.[/QUOTE]
That’s isn’t the mantra at all. Only a fool would defend what happened in Athens or Heysel, but neither of these incidents have anything to do with Hillsborough - whatsoever, and only a fool would argue otherwise.

If this thread has proved one thing it’s that are a fair amount of fools on this forum.

[QUOTE=“Sandymount Red, post: 932915, member: 1074”]That’s bollocks in fairness. Liverpool’s fans behaviour in Athens was a disgrace, and that’s without mentioning the waiter in Bulgaria who got brain damaged by a Liverpool fan dropping a block on his head. After what happened at Hillsbrough you’d think Liverpool fans would be the last ones to storm the gates without tickets, but that’s what happened.

What gets on most people’s nerves is the rank hypocrisy of Liverpool fans. Respect our dead but say nothing when we act the cunt is your mantra.[/QUOTE]

You cunt, you’re making me comment here again— I was on about Dodgy- He knew fuck all, or ever mentioned Athens, until Scrunchie gave him the low down and then started using it as a stick to beat with---- How may times do I have to say that Liverpool like every other club have a bad element and that they caused the deaths of Juventus fans who should also have justice??? It still doesn’t detract from the events of Hillsborough- Half of you cunts are only seething that Liverpool are in with a shout of winning the title and won’t even read half of what is posted here as it doesn’t fit your agenda of hate.

Agenda of hate :smiley:

Pointing out the facts Mark. Yourself and Sidney and the professional scousers in the media would love to sweep Liverpool fan’s many crimes under the carpet, but it’s not happening.

On the eve of a ceremony to remember the tragedy at Hillsborough one of your brethren is daubing hateful comments about an Irish victim of the Munich air disaster on a bridge in Dublin. You just can’t help yourselves.

You’re own reply there is full of the anger and aggression that travelling Liverpool fans are synonymous with.

I’m hopeful that with the truth finally about to emerge about Hillsborough and a league title within your grasp that Liverpool fans will embark upon a period of reflection and self-examination. But I’ll bet they instead continue to be the drunken, self-aggrandising yahoos that have caused so much misery throughout Europe.

[QUOTE=“Sandymount Red, post: 932937, member: 1074”]Agenda of hate :smiley:

Pointing out the facts Mark. Yourself and Sidney and the professional scousers in the media would love to sweep Liverpool fan’s many crimes under the carpet, but it’s not happening.

On the eve of a ceremony to remember the tragedy at Hillsborough one of your brethren is daubing hateful comments about an Irish victim of the Munich air disaster on a bridge in Dublin. You just can’t help yourselves.

You’re own reply there is full of the anger and aggression that travelling Liverpool fans are synonymous with.

I’m hopeful that with the truth finally about to emerge about Hillsborough and a league title within your grasp that Liverpool fans will embark upon a period of reflection and self-examination. But I’ll bet they instead continue to be the drunken, self-aggrandising yahoos that have caused so much misery throughout Europe.[/QUOTE]

Good one- When did they catch the chap that spray painted the bridge?? We are loved the world over, pal… And don’t kid yourself, if spurs were regulars in Europe they would cause a heap of trouble- Sadly, we will never know about that one… I’m zen personified, ‘my friend’

No need for the deflection pal, Spurs were rioting in Rotterdam long before it was fashionable.:wink:

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 932832, member: 1552”]Oh look who it is, someone desperate to fit in to attain some popularity on here wades into a debate to slag off someone with an alternative point of view. Giving it the big 'un and berating others, rather than constructively debating the issue at hand. “dodgy’s opinion is not shared by the majority on this thread so I’ll try and score a few brownie points and call him a cunt rather than put forward my own coherent arguments as to why he is wrong here.”

You are pathetic, gutless cowardly prick. I disagree with a lot of what is said on various topics but I don’t need to throw a strop whenever someone says something I don’t like. “bile and hatred, giant pool of hatred in which he will eventually drown.” Calm the fuck down you drama queen.

As for the Hillsborough issue no-one is glorifying in the death of 96 people at a sporting event. Absolutely terrible what happened. My issue is how Liverpool FC and their fans won’t accept even a tiny amount of responsibility for that day (not the full blame as it was not all their fault but a small acknowledgement that too many supporters had showed up and that had tragically contributed to what happened). It was the South Yorkshire Police, it was the FA, it was Thatcher, it was The Sun, it was the match officials - everyone elses fault. Again I repeat no-one deserved to die, the police made terrible mistakes but people arriving without tickets inadvertantly led to the innocent people at the front getting crushed. That’s all I am saying.

Heysel - wasn’t their fault then either. It was UEFA, it was the National Front, it was Chelsea, it was the stadium.

Athens 2007 - it was the authorities fault, it was UEFA’s fault.

The last independent commission which absolved Liverpool fans was chaired by the Bishop of Liverpool - how is that independent. The victims deserve to be remembered, no-one should suffer the way the victims and their families have but this campaign for Justice almost appears, to me anyway, to be an attempt to shift blame on to every other party when a tacit acknowledgement that a number of factors - one of them being ticketless and drunk fans present - contributed to what happened. Instead it is an attempt to totally and categorically foist blame on everyone else. That’s my issue.

Raising any valid points like this is used by some as an insult to the 96. Absolute bollocks. They were the unfortunate victims, no-one has said or is saying they were responsible for their deaths.[/QUOTE]

Mate.

You are completely wrong with everything you are saying.

Hillsborough was completely the police’s fault. Liverpool fans were completely blameless. This has been proven as a result of an independent enquiry.

Nothing to do with fans turning up late causing a crush. It didn’t happen. It was put forth by the police in an attempt to deflect blame away from themselves. This was all found in the enquiry.

Whatever you may say about Heysel, or @Scrunchie[/USER]'s wonderful little story, but Hillsborough had nothing to do with ther Liverpool fans. The reason why people are so passionate about it is because in the words of [USER=41]@Captainshan it was a carriage of misjustice. The guardians of law and order were not only found be negligent but completely and utterly corrupt.

Now will you stop it for the love of God.

It’s funny how the same people who try to pathetically connect Athens and Heysel to Hillsborough aren’t doing the same thing when it comes to the Ibrox disaster.

Rangers fans have a list of shame far, far longer than Liverpool fans. They’ve been consistently causing trouble across Europe for over four decades.

If I wanted to, I could say that the Ibrox disaster was at least partly caused by tanked up yobs, despite me having no evidence whatsoever.

I could say that the crush at Hillsborough in 1981 was caused by tanked up Tottenham yobs, despite me having no evidence whatsoever.

I could say the same about Leeds fans at Hillsborough in 1987, as Leeds had one of the most notorious hooligan elements in football at the time. Again I’d have no evidence whatsoever, and all evidence available would disprove my assertion.

But I wouldn’t do any of that, because it would be fucking pathetic.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 932945, member: 24”]Mate.

sel, or @Scrunchie’s wonderful little story, .[/QUOTE]

you pompous fool …there have been loads of accounts of what happened in Athens…

A UEFA report released soon after the final branded Liverpool supporters “the worst fans in Europe”, with Gaillard stating: “What other set of fans steal tickets from their fellow supporters or out of the hands of children?”

The official capacity of the Leppings Lane standing area only was 10,100.

From page 34 here:

http://hillsborough.independent.gov.uk/repository/docs/HOM000038080001.pdf

“the HSE assessed the number who entered the ground whilst gate C was open at 2,240 with a maximum of 2,480. Accordingly, the HSE’s best estimate of the total entering through gate C and turnstiles A to G was 9,734 with a maximum of 10,124.”

So much for the lie that large numbers of ticketless fans entered the ground - the HSE’s best estimate is that 376 less people than the official capacity entered the Leppings Lane terracing.