Hillsborough

I thought a wall collapsed due to crushing and thatā€™s what caused the deaths in Heysel?

Liverpool charged the Juventus end causing a crush, if the wall didnā€™t collapse there would have been many more casualties

Yeah thatā€™s what I though happened alright, I believe the Liverpool fans were seeking retribution for what happened in Rome a year previously. .

I just wondered where the murder accusations came from. Liverpool fans caused the crush and some were done for manslaughter. The same charge Duckenfield is up on for causing the crush at Hillsborough.

The Murderpool fans caused the crush at Hillsborough too.

That time they killed their own.

Not according to the court.

Hard to try a group of supporters in court.

I suggest you report your information/evidence to your local constabulary. If you donā€™t step forward there could be another miscarriage of justice like the Birmingham 6 or Guildford 4. Your info could exonerate Duckenfield.

Are you saying the police pushed the Liverpool fans against each other and crushed them to death?

The police and stewards may have been negligent and dealt with the situation poorly but drunken Liverpool fans were more interested in forcing their way into the ground than their fellow supporters safety.

Always the victims, never your own fault.

1 Like

Before going to the your local constabulary make sure you have your evidence. I know you and I believe you but the police may think youā€™re some scouse-hating Chelsea fan throwing around baseless accusations.

& the roma fans sought retribution at anfield last year for what happened between Liverpool and Burnley earlier that season.

Is this how you justify things?

2 Likes

eye witness report from a policeman at Hillsborough

ā€œOne furious policeman who witnessed Saturdayā€™s carnage stormed: 'As we struggled in appalling conditions to save lives, fans standing further up the terrace were openly urinating on us and the bodies of the dead.ā€

1 Like

Didnā€™t take you for a Sun reader.

I donā€™t read it. I have never read it in my life. Iā€™ve read reports on Hillsborough though and the Sun went in very hard on the event. This was in the immediate aftermath of the event.

The police might have already been covering up their ineptitude, that early after the disaster.

Subsequent inquests and tribunals have cleared Liverpool of any wrong doing in Hillsborough and blamed the police.

As with all things, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. The police wouldnā€™t have gone in unless there was some aggro.

Itā€™s just sad that 96 people had to die before football grounds were made safe.

I was just trying to get the background on both. In both cases there were crushes that led to multiple deaths. The law suggests the charge is manslaughter. More knowledgeable people here who were at both matches think that one of the accused is innocent and that the other is guilty of murder. Iā€™m just advising they go to their local constabulary with their evidence/information.

Duckenfield had no prior knowledge of Hillsborough, the usual man in charge had been moved from Hillsborough responsibility prior to the semi final. 10,000 fans, seven stiles. There was crushing earlier on in the season at the same terrace (I think it was Spurs fans), no one died though. Worries were expressed about the suitability of Hillsborough prior to the semi final. The powers that be shifted blame to cover their own ass. They spread lies to the papers. If Liverpool fans pissed on or robbed the dead, surely one of the numerous cameras in the ground would have picked this up.

As I said Mike, Iā€™m of the opinion the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Things went south very quickly and in a very bad way. Pissing and looting dead bodies is a fairly strong thing to report and is probably way wide of the mark. The police donā€™t go in hard unless they have good reason to Mike, I just find the fact that Liverpool FC and their fans are looking to be exonerated from blame completely. It was their end, it was their fans trying to get in without tickets. You can blame planning and health and safety and the cops all you want, and rightly so, it was a farce, but at the same time, Liverpool should hold up their hands and be accountable for the actions of their fans. They never do. They always play the victim

1 Like

anybody remember @tazdedub & @caulifloweredneanderthal protesting outside the Bulgarian embassy over Michael Sheilds?

1 Like

Are you alleging that the police crushed the Liverpool fans?

Drunk people go to matches all the time. Iā€™d say there were a lot of near misses in Hill 16 back in the day.

The courts in England are.