Hillsborough

Sid, the jury has spoken.

Respect the decision of the courts.

I expect Liverpool and their fans to respectfully accept the decision of the court of law. They were happy to accept it when Michael Shields had his conviction overturned in very dubious circumstances.

The 96 crushed to death were entirely innocent. The fault lies with those down the back who tried to jib into the ground drunk and ticketless.

5 Likes

You’re very passionate about this. I can see a real fire in your belly on the subject.

If only they had a wedding to go to that day instead of a semi final.

3 Likes

Why did the Liverpool fans push and shove when the queue wasn’t moving? Why did they try to gain admission when they had no tickets to it and were told to stay away?

There were a lot of mistakes and errors there that day but the Liverpool fans showed complete disregard for the safety and well-being of their fellow fans that day and were ultimately the most responsible party for it.

3 Likes

@dodgy_keeper is the sort that would conspicuously carry a copy of The Sun with him if he was ever in Liverpool and wear a Rangers jersey if he was ever in Derry

Went to a NY day game with my cousin a few years back ,and went to some pub beside Anfield to pick up tickets. Some well know pub apparently. Bit of a kip. There were Scandinavian Liverpool fans inside reading The Sun. Go figure as the septic tanks would say.

Stop reading The Sun

I don’t.

Well tell whoever reads it out loud for you to stop.

1 Like

Nobody reads it out loud. Maybe you should revisit what happened. Who did the pushing? Why were there ticketless fans there who had been warned to stay away?

JFT39

2 Likes

Heysel and Hillsbrough, what’s the common denominator

4 Likes

2 Likes

Did they enjoy their game of pitch & putt?

Weird to come all the way to Liverpool and then turn your back on the match because you didn’t want to know the result when watching the highlights later on

They lost, by the way, and their opponents went on to win the European Cup in glorious fashion

I never had you down as a Tory shill.

I’m not.

But it’s about time Liverpool stopped trying to blame others for their own faults.

3 Likes

Why are Liverpool desperate for Juventus to accept their apology for the deaths of 39 innocent people at a football match yet they refuse to accept multiple apologies from, among others, The Sun and South Yorkshire Police?

Always the victims, it’s never their fault. Remember this is the club where the manager and players all wore t-shirts in support of a player banned by an independent panel for disgusting racial abuse of an opposition player. Oh wait, they didn’t accept that verdict either.

If it’s a verdict they like - justice.
If it’s a verdict they don’t like - cover up, we must keep fighting and get the truth (I.e the verdict they want)

7 Likes

Ticketless fans?

Liverpool football club is a horrific organisation.`

3 Likes

http://tl.gd/n_1sok9t9