Historical Sporting Video Vault

Gas the crowds those games attracted during the day on a weekday.

I didn’t forget anything. Feel free to stick up a post, mate.

Can’t from my phone, go on pal stick it up, Quinny’s finish, McGrath bossing midfield a much better performance than Cagliari or even Stuttgart…

Here you go mate. Civil relations shall be maintained until the eve of battle in two weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sfGPJezCGU

That was a lovely finish from Quinn. Really good.

Remember watching that match in Waterford.

Cheers pal, nearly time to be setting up a thread for a match of that magnitude…

Quinn’s cushioned finish that night was sublime. I’ve a vague recollection of Houghton bursting through the middle late on and taking the ball at pace right in on the keeper but slotting it wide when it looked like he must score. That cunt never took his chances for Ireland in the big games.

Tell the truth Bandage. You dont remember any of that. You picked up all that on Off the Ball tonight.

Being completely truthful, pal. I didn’t listen to Off The Ball and rarely do. I have a much greater recollection of that game than 1988 or 1990 - the extra year probably being crucial as I was a youngster back then.

I’m seething now because I didn’t listen to Off The Ball at all and then we have this old cunt Fagan ODowd[/USER] throwing out “dumb” ratings and a simpleton like [USER=1537]Horsebox giving it the “well clamped”. Hardly obscene in a discussion about England-Ireland games to recall a key incident that most of us looked back on when England qualified at our expense. This is now a post rating war, fuckers. Christ, I’m raging.

There was also an article about that chance in the Irish Times in the last week with Houghton saying it was a big regret of his and Jack Charlton hanging him out to dry after the game for missing it. I am reluctant to call you out after falsely calling you a liar last week so I am just going to let this hang out there and allow others to make up their own minds.

Listen Bandage you used precisely the same phraseology they used on OTB to describe these two incidents. Don’t be bellyaching about being caught out. You were the author of your own demise.

I have genuinely not listened to Off The Ball in months, I have not listened to it since McDevitt left and I have not listened to it tonight. Bizarre behaviour from you to “call me out” on mentioning a decisive incident in game that was being discussed here. Do Off The Ball (which I didn’t listen to) have a patent on talking about that game? The same phraseology? Houghton burst onto a ball and slotted it narrowly wide. Is that what they said? That’s what happened. You owe me an apology.

That apology you were looking for? Ask me arse. I caught you out, you fraud.

You did in your fuck, you cunt.

I did and its eating you up.

No, you didn’t. You seem to think Off The Ball has a monopoly on recalling incidents in England-Ireland football matches on the eve of the next clash between the countries. Oddball.

Ok Bandage, it was a total coincidence that you used the exact same words to describe these incidents as OTB.

Sure, it was.

[quote=“Fagan ODowd, post: 778503, member: 706”]Ok Bandage, it was a total coincidence that you used the exact same words to describe these incidents as OTB.

Sure, it was.[/quote]

What did they say? Is there a link to it?

I have no idea why you would think I would seek to pretend I knew about this game/incident and that I didn’t really and decided to rely on an Off The Ball conversation.

It was a fucking England-Ireland game for fuck sake, you clown.