Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Brilliant

A multi storey bike park at the train station,

1 Like

My God, Duinrell is sone spot, the weather has taken a turn for the hotter, now weā€™re in the 30s for the last few days. Youā€™ve pools here with dozens of slides that would be at home anywhere in the world, fucking deadly, like being shot out of a cannon for sone of them. And massive proper rollercoasters, loads of them, itā€™s awesome, the local town Wassenaar is just outside the gates and itā€™s like Toytown, gorgeous.

Iā€™m absolutely wrecked from it

Highly recommend Holland for a holiday like this,

Duinrell is full of Nordies, lots of Tyrone and Derry especially, sound out. Not sure why??

4 Likes

Smashing day.

Plane was 30 minutes late at Heathrow because it couldnā€™t ā€œpark.ā€

Rushed to get our bus at Heathrow bus station to find the bus not where it was supposed to be - apparently it was late and then parked at a different dock and the board info never updated.

Had to get a cab to Stansted only to run into a load of traffic due to a car crash.

Arrived 50 minutes before flight time to find the Turkish Airlines check-in shut and empty.

Had to spend 3k euros to book another flight with Qatar for tomorrow morning.

Thatā€™s fucking rough. At least you are away from the racist Irish, you cant put a price on that.

6 Likes

Fucks sake. Unlucky

1 Like

Agreed mate. My wife hasnā€™t had any funny stares at all, canā€™t put a price on that. She had one every five minutes up in Klare.

Iā€™ve even managed to sneak in a couple of pints at the Stansted Premier Inn without the wife knowing. :clap:

2 Likes

Would you swap a few funny stares in Heathrow for the 3 grand back?

Sure mate. Iā€™ve been getting funny stares in Singapore for 7 years now.

2 Likes

@Turenne is absolutely delighted that his holiday was a disaster.

6 Likes

Jesus I wouldnā€™t transfer from Heathrow to Stansted in the same day for love nor money.

6 Likes

Yeah mate but it wasnā€™t easy to get everything to line up money and schedule wise without going through Heathrow and or Stansted/Gatwick. I actually told my wife months ago to avoid Heathrow at all costs but itā€™s easier said than done.

Stansted would be the one Iā€™d avoid but maybe there was no alternative.

1 Like

We connected back through Amsterdam this year and met a Monaghan family on board who had just come from there. They loved it too.

1 Like

Interested to hear how you get on coming back through Schippol

1 Like

The Dutchies are alright, but can be an arrogant bunch as well. I am amazed how you can get into open country even though there are so many people packed into the Netherlands. Very organised place as I suppose it has to be.

1 Like

Jesus, what a nightmare. But we made it

Had bags to check in so got in 4 hours before the flight to get towards the front of the line, they opened the desk with 2 hours to the flight, we cleared passport control 5 minutes after the flight was supposed to have left, ran about a kilometre to the gate, it was still there, had been delayed on the way over.
We could have done no more but still should have missed it, nerves were fraught but alls well that ends well, there was a good few families in the same boat.
A pain in the hole of an airport, they keep on splitting the lines and you always feel youā€™ve been hard sone by as you watch people who were behind you move miles ahead on the other side.
Anyway, we made it home, it was a brilliant holiday, I think the Dutch are A1 @cowpat and itā€™s true what you say, itā€™s lovely countryside, fields of flowers, gorgeous.

We passed a crash a while ago on the Dublin side of Moneygall, at least two kilometres of cars just parked and hundreds more heading into it, nothing can move,

2 Likes

Lisbon is some spot, arrived this morning at 11 dropped the bags got a bit of lunch spent the afternoon walking around before heading up to St Georgeā€™s Castle, stunning views back to the hotel to refresh before heading back down Rue Augusta for dinner, some buzz around the place, heading to Cascais for the day tomorrow. Unrale heat but weā€™ll go again.

12 Likes

My flight was 9.25 am. Aer Lingus, Twitter ranting (and you) had warned to be early even though no bags to check.

Got a train in Sloterdijk at 5.20am about 5 mins from our hotelā€¦ Got to Schippol at 5.35 and was through security in less than 20 minutes so spent 3 hours fluting around before the flightā€¦ Pain in the hole but better safe than sorry

Drink some of that cherry vodka that they sell in the street.

1 Like