Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Outside of Paris they’re the finest people you’d meet. Parisiens on the other hand….

3 Likes

Like Ireland & Dublin so…

1 Like

Yeah same for most capitals I’d say

Je parle francais, je n’ai pas un chemise de GAA et je crois qu’il n’y a pas les chipshops en France. En Belgique oui…

Be hot in those hills I’d say?

Yeah it was about 34/35 every day.

1 Like

I’ve actually been very pleasantly surprised they’ve gone out of their way to be helpful. I wasn’t expecting much from my trips to Paris where they’d spit in your face.

My missus got an A in French, which is more a damning indictment of the Irish education system than it is a compliment to her French, but she has the basics and she can read it fairly okay, so we aren’t a complete nuisance to them. Once you give it a go, they are happy enough to work with you with their bit of English. I’m completely useless unfortunately.

Its Dublin prices for everything though and the groceries are insane, even in the proper supermarkets. But we’d another top class meal tonight, so swings and roundabouts

1 Like

Apart from Paris which is gone too multicultural, France is a proper country. I love the south east, down around Grenoble and around the Alps. Serious Grubbing

2 Likes

In other words you’re saying there are too many non whites in Paris?

1 Like

We’ve been in Holland since Tuesday, based in the beautiful city of Haarlem just outside Amsterdam, absolutely brilliant, easy to reach the North sea beaches on a bicycle, wonderful national park area all around,
The city of Haarlem itself is a real gem, huge food festival there this weekend, absolutely no need for a car, Bikes came with the AirBnB and you wouldn’t need any more,
Obviously we’ve been into Amsterdam a bit as well and done sone of the touristy things but we’re winging it in Haarlem, lovely beer and great food.
Heading up to the Duinrel theme and water park on Monday for camping and adventures, highly recommend :+1:

Temperatures between 23 and 28 every day, absolutely perfect

15 Likes

Was in Haarlem a few months back, smashing place.

1 Like

Jesus I’d love to live here, you really wouldn’t need to bother learning the language, the Dutch are sound cunts as well, and they love Denis Irwin of course :man_shrugging:

They make living easy. Very practical like the Gerries but bit more craic about them

The Dutch are very evenly split between sound and utter cunts.

1 Like

Willie Wortel’s is a serious spot

How is the activevtravel infrastructure

Have to say a lovely touch from Shannon airport last weekend was when your man checking the passport welcomes you back to Ireland.

Welcome back @The_Most_Infamous

Great stuff :clap:

To say that it is absolutely outstanding would be a massive understatement, I would allow my 8 year old to cross the city on a bicycle alone if she knew the way, it’s awesome

1 Like

if it ain’t Dutch it ain’t much …

1 Like

They’ve great big bikes over there. Potter about. I suppose it’s so flat.