Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Thatā€™s the way to do a review.

Itā€™s easy see in London that it was once the centre of the world. The buildings are magnificent. Theyā€™ve also built an iconic new skyline over last 20 years while the country went to shit.

The scale of the place means people are very comfortable being who they want to be. Anonymity of a very big city I guess but itā€™s more prevalent there than other similar cities.

1 Like

We did the Harry Potter place today

Iā€™d say it was alright, I havenā€™t read the books or seen the movies so not really my cup of tea but an interesting look at how they make those big budget movies.

Highlight of today was the description of the Chili soya in this (absolutely outstanding) Indian restaurant we ate in a while ago, the price was next to it :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

What was the restaurant?

Weā€™re staying out by Twickenham, it was an Indian restaurant in Hounslow, it was full of Sikhs and a massive amount of guys who I assume are observing Ramadan, Hounslow is about 70% Indian Iā€™d say, the food was off the charts, I donā€™t recall the name.

We went to the Science museum today, my God what a place.
Iā€™d say I could spend two weeks solid in there, Iā€™d need a wheelchair I suppose as itā€™s extremely tiring browsing,
The kids donā€™t have my stamina for that kind of thing, so we had some extremely fancy buns in Knightsbridge, a lovely Japanese meal by Spitalfields then, we thought the market there was open till 8 but they were packed up by 6.

5 Likes

A few of us are visiting a pal in Richmond next weekend and staying in Twickenham - will lookout for this spot

Was there about 13 years ago, itā€™s some place great for kids and adults alike

Theyā€™re a really nice Asian (mostly, Pizza and Turkish as well) food court in Hounslow, it has a bar also.

But Iā€™ve a feeling youā€™ll get good Indian food anywhere around here, youā€™d have to really when the community is so Indian

1 Like

Really great spot the science museum. Sometimes they have demonstrations as well which are amazing. The Brits do their museums very well.

2 Likes

I am off to Lisbon today for a few days.

Any recommendations on things to see and do over there*?

• apart from shoving my thumb up my hole of course.

Trips to Sintra and Cascais are worthwhile if you have time. I went to see Benfica play. Tickets were easy enough got.

1 Like

The natural history museum is terribly displayed. You canā€™t see the dinosaur fossils properly, theyā€™re obscured by the information boards.

The Time Out market is cool enough with a clatter of good food options. Itā€™s a lovely city to stroll aimlessly around for a few hours as well, from the big gardens up at the top of the city all the way down to the water

2 Likes

11 Likes

Whereā€™s that now.

Kilaloe

1 Like

The cans of Super Bock suggest Portugal. I donā€™t think itā€™s Lisbon so Iā€™m thinking itā€™s Porto

2 Likes

The Camino maybe

Outside the barge Iā€™d say

Bualadh bos do Fagan

Jardim do Morro on the south of the Duoro. Lovely spot to watch the sunset

3 Likes