Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

The Haven parks are top class for kids, we’ve stayed in three on the south coast of England, the ones in Wales would be similar, probably bc a bit cheaper with worse weather

1 Like

Theirs a Haven Holiday Park just outside Pwllheli. Looked grand any time I passed it. About an hour from the ferry.

1 Like

We went to this today lads. Absolutely blown away. It’s fantastic. We did 4 hours but i would have done more. So much to see and do and much of it is mind-bogglingly amazing. Would highly recommend for any family. *

*obviously better if you’ve seen the potter films.

5 Likes

Next step for the Juhys has to be Universal in Orlando after that, it’s off the chain Harry Potter kids will love it

1 Like

My younger lad was there in Feb. said it was absolutely brilliant. He watched the movies shortly before he went so he’d enjoy it more but wouldn’t have been the biggest fan

He also really enjoyed Madame Tussaud’s. Not sure if that’s on the itinerary

1 Like

Did you buy yourself a magic wand?

3 Likes

No. Thankfully the queue in the shop on the way out was so long even the kids didnt want to go in it. We got fleeced on rhe broomstick ride vids and pics, (60ÂŁ- fuck) and bought a pack of the most disgusting jelly beans ever with horrendous flavours.
The place itself is amazing though. Basically a look at how nearly everything was made. From cgi to animatronics and the greenscreen stuff. Kids get to get in stuff used in the movies etc. Brilliant.

2 Likes

Its magnificent. Not cheap, but worth it nonetheless.

The butterbeer is a let down though.

1 Like

The dragon before you get to the giant miniature Hogwarts, an phenomenal finale.

Why is this in this thread?

Bolllix anyway.

Have you any more advice on London with kids, we’re going next week, mine are maybe a bit older than yours but we’ll have a couple of days to fill, that Harry Potter place is already booked

Drive down to Kilriush and get the ferry to tarbert for yourself

An evening in Chinatown or Brick Lane. An hour or two in Hamleys. London Eye. Boat trip on the Thames. A show. The mummies in the British Museum

2 Likes

The aquarium next to the London eye. Natural History Museum. General walking about.

London Eye. Big Ben. Imperial War Museum.

Places are constantly coming available on the Harry Potter bookings website, check it regularly and you’ll get a slot. It’ll take a bit of time and some luck but it’s possible

Shoot out to Windsor on the train. Lego have a park there but it’s a bit dated now.

1 Like

Still worth the visit, they’ve added a few new bits and even still it’s a handy trip out

Here’s my thoughts.
Book everything in advance. Looking at the queues for people who aren’t prebooked on stuff is mental. No way we would have waited. So all the free museums and galleries etc. Book them. We were at the natural history museum today. Queue for non booked was about an hour and a half. Its very good, a great freebie one.
You’ll need the freebie ones, cos everything is expensive…
There’s bundles you can do for attractions. Eg, the london eye + tussauds. London eye + tussauds - sea life etc… look them all up. They save you a fair few quid. We did eye + tussauds. Tussauds was a big disappointment. It was absolutely jammers and to be honest our kids have no interest in waxworks of little mix or extended royalty etc… having said that the 3d marvel film was good but its 8 mins long and hardly worth the fee.
I’d do eye and london dungeons. Did it about 13 years ago and the kids we brought loved it. Great craic, interactive loads of scares. Eye is great if they haven’t done it before for giving a feel for london. They’ll spend so long on all the tubes going places its hard to patch it all together and the eye is at least 30 mins of pure calm looking at it. Ours was 45 mins cos it broke down…
Today was a great day. We were in the natural history museum (right beside science museum too) and then hit hyde park. Sunny, lovely to wander around and then rented a pedal boat on the lake. Great craic. Also brilliant for our young lad to have a place to run around. He’s 8 and doesn’t particularly suit wandering round a city for days.
Also camden market and that area is a cool hustle/bustle feel for them. Not sanitised at all. They loved it.
Decide when you’re gonna eat/drink/lunch/dinner out and do it smart. An accidental drop into an expensive pizza place when all starving could cost you a fortune. Loads of cheap lunch/takeaway options etc if you look about. We did at least a meal out every day and they are generally irish prices but in sterling.
Let the kids take ownership of travel/tube navigation. They’ll love it. Think @binkybarnes said it and he was damn right.
As i said earlier, the Harry Potter thing was magic. Let me know if you’ve any specifics.
Where are ye staying?

14 Likes