Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

What kind of a town is that?
I like working my way along the algarve

Normandy is great. So much history and beautiful towns and Mont St Michel.

2 Likes

It was a smallish town. Lots of apartments then the strip along the sea front. Good beaches and plenty of restaurants and some of the better ones we found were off the strip. There is a water park 10 mins away, Aqualand, for the kids and me of course, so had a day there. I havent been to Alubufeira but from a couple of people i talked with over there, they preferred Armacao as it was quieter than Albufeira.

1 Like

How far from roscoff are you?

I think the campsites tend to be better up there due to the weather risk

Friend of mine was in Brittany late jul and rained 10 of 12 days or something

Packed up now and hitting for Normandy, a 5 star site
We’ve had glorious weather non stop thank God

2 Likes

Yeah my neighbour was in Northern France a couple of weeks ago and it rained solid for the first week and was very cold.

How did ye bring the gear for camping? Did ye leave a lot of your regular camping stuff at home?

The trailer here in the picture is the key I suppose, and the roof box
The campsites here provide a personal toilet, shower, fridge, barbecue, outdoor sink, picnic table, loungers etc

5 Likes

Excellent. That looks really good

That set-up is very like the one they used to bring back E.T. when he was under the weather in the film.

2 Likes

Looking at holidays in may to go along with the kids week off from school. Where would be decent (mid 20s) weather at that stage with one of those campsite/mobile home/pools/water slides places?

He taught in the school is was in, had him for one year. He was some dickhead back then

1 Like

Typical South Kilkenny. No school of their own to be educated in so they come across the river and complain endlessly about the education they can get.

1 Like

Where are you going in Normandy?

Typical Waterford City, chip on their shoulder big enough to fill Coumshingaun

We’ve the same thing with clare

1 Like

At least we have mountains and a lake.

Are the kids old enough for roller coasters and water slides?
Duinrell in Holland is a great site if they are
Otherwise I’d stay North in France off the ferry as it’s the crazy hot weather that’ll spoil it on you

:smiley:

Would Holland and north of France not be irishy summer weather in may?