Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Beautiful little spot, but grand for a day if you’re visiting Toulouse. Toulouse is a gorgeous town.

7 days or so.

1 Like

Are the tolls far more prevalent in some areas than others? Iv been on 5 driving holidays in France and done 6 or 7 thousand kms id say and this year was first time I ever paid a toll and I’d say twas 10 quid twice on the same stretch of road

Very few tolls in the North and West.

1 Like

Makes sense

I drove from Lyon to Grenoble to Geneva once and got rode in the tolls.

1 Like

I was near Béziers for around 10 days last year and the toll charges were a fair eye-opener. I remember the first time coming from Carcassone, just over an hour of motorway driving, the display at the barrier was reading €9.40 - but the 9 was tiny and the 40 was yuuuuge, as they are wont to do with decimals from time to time on the continent. I momentarily shat myself before I spotted the 9.

Lads. Advice for a bit of winter sun in mid feb? Happy to look at anynoptions. We’d normally do a campsite in may but that aint happening now. 2 adults 2 kids. Cc @Mac

Canaries all day long and twice on Sundays

2 Likes

A good start mac. Now hone in on specifics please

I’ll PM you some proper advice tomorrow if you want it. Remind me of the kids ages and rough dates you want to go

Savage thNks. 9 and 12.

mid feb ruary a possibility for 5/6 ,nights.

Late april/may for 10days or so

You’re hoping to make it as handy as possible with the flights etc? Cadiz area would be lovely, but not the easiest to get to, especially with chainsaws.

1 Like

February is the worst month for weather in canaries. We had a cold enough week in lanzarote this year and would definitely not do it again. I believe gran canaria and tenerife statistically a bit better in feb

2 Likes

Ta. I have decided not to take a chainsaw on holiday this once.

2 Likes

We had a pretty cold number of days in late January earlier this year. We don’t plan to go again

1 Like

You been to gean canaria at that time by any chance?

No, but i remember looking ruefully at yr.no reporting balmy temperatures from GC last February while we were looking out at the rain!

1 Like

Malaga along coast would always be mild enough as well where it would be baltic inland

1 Like