Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

@Arthur as it turns out, weā€™re in this place right now. A recently renovated place with a mini water park with slides in the 2 big swimming pools. Because itā€™s been redone itā€™s in decent shape. You pay a small bit extra to get All Inclusive. The food wouldnā€™t be up to much but itā€™s grand and handy to keep the kids topped up during the day with soft drinks and beer or wine for the parents. And then thereā€™s any number of decent restaurants within walking distance.

Our older two (9&7) just spent an hour carving pumpkins and doing kids club Halloween shit. It wouldnā€™t be as good as the H10ā€™s but is priced accordingly. And below is my view while the toddler has his nap. Worth a look for your dates anyway and itā€™s very handy for everything in Puerto Del Carmen

6 Likes

@Mac you are after leaving your B sample from the Marathon on your balcony.

17 Likes

:grinning::grinning:

Thanks for the recommendations lads. Apparently south of Portugal is another option for early may as weather is relatively warm there too. Any ideas of similar kid friendly resorts with slides etc there?

1 Like

Alfagar II

Amsterdam end of the month.

Any recommendations for restaurants/bars/things to do. Iā€™ll be with herself so itā€™s a BYOB trip in terms of the more exotic side of Amsterdam.

1 Like

I was there about five times on an absolute bender of booze and/or drugs. Then, I ended up getting sober and going with the then missus. She couldnā€™t comprehend that I didnā€™t even know a decent place to eat or get a good coffee, and nothing really looked familiar. We went here, but itā€™s a March-May gig.

2 Likes

This has, out of nowhere, appeared on the list for Santa from our 9 year old. Obviously no idea if heā€™ll bring the tickets, but if he did, it looks like the best time would be early February and if he booked it online heā€™d get slots for HP on the Friday.

Would be 3 adults and 2 children travelling. Any recommendations on accommodation?
Other posts here have piles of info. Iā€™ll be able to throw in comments such as ā€œI was reading a review somewhere online that said this was a good spotā€¦ā€

4 Likes

Look at the stay city places in London

1 Like

Looks like it wonā€™t let me select 5 person accommodation. Only 2+2

@backinatracksuit any recommendations on the Air BnB options you mentioned?

Suggests two premier inn rooms could be cheapest and best option

1 Like

Holiday Inn Watford - have interconnecting rooms and very close to HP studios

1 Like

Weā€™ll be going to HP on the first day, so would rather be a bit more central for Saturday and Sunday if possible.

1 Like

We stayed out in Hounslow close to Twickenham, close to a tube but at least a half an hour to Central London,
Suited us the absolute finest and was very reasonable.

1 Like

Hilton London Metropole on Edgeware road do big family rooms in central London. Well serviced by rail/tube. Have stayed there 2 or 3 times. Top notch breakfast too

1 Like

Citymapper is a handy app to have if using the tube.

1 Like

Not sure if watford/luton holiday inns are same but we booked luton one cos it had a pool as well. Ended up staying in my cousins so never stayed there but you cant beat an hour or two in a pool to put a bit of manners on holiday children.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a newish Premier Inn in Paddington Basin we stayed in. 20 mins walk to Hyde Park. 10-15 mins by Tube to Covent Garden. 5 mins walk to Paddington Station for trains to Heathrow or out HP Studio direction.

1 Like

48 hours in Lisbon from tomorrow. Any good reccys? Yes I will be ayting in Time Out