Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Which was better Drogheda or Paris?

5 Likes

I think you are overlooking the real issue here.
Teachers have too many holidays.

1 Like

Or the carbon footprint from the multiple of flights

No mention of the shrinkflation effect on foie gras.

You couldnā€™t be comparing them really, both charming in their own ways though the coffee is much much better in Drogheda and the public library much more user friendly

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard people say Drogheda is the Paris of Louth

1 Like

You meant to say the Limerick of Louth, Paris being the Limerick of France of course

1 Like

Anyone any recommendations for Prague? Never been and heading saturday.

1 Like

Nice city, probably too many tourists. havenā€™t been down for a while.

1 Like

Nice.overview. Now hit me with the recommends.

I know its famous for beer- breweries worth looking for, any particular beer/s to ask for?

Drink Kozel

1 Like

I thought the Museum of Communism was very good. So was the Jewish Museum and cemetery. The castle is a must visit. Public transport is very easy to use. I got a bus from the airport to the Metro and the Metro to the hotel. A bus an a metro to the castle. The rest of the city is fairly walkable.

I had a nice meal in La Bottega Linka and traditional meals in U Pivrnce and the Municipal house restaurant which is a fantastic building

2 Likes

Muchos gracias, thats a fine steer.

Cerna Barbora Dark

I spent a lovely afternoon in Strahov Monastery brewery eating traditional food and getting sloshed. Iā€™d go back there.

Taxis will rob you. Drink down backstreets. The central square is outrageously expensive. Dont take a job as a kitchen porter working 9am to 1am straight every second day. Dont fuck with the police there, they are liable to throw you in the car then drive you round and demand money. Do go to the kickass park in the north of the city overlooking the city. Do a streak across the charles bridge at night, itā€™s tradition. Dont race your friends home late at night but if you do then dont try to sprint down one of the escalators in the metro stations. They are steeper and deeper than what you are used to. If you do and subsequently fall and knock yourself out oozing blood on the wall and platform and have to stay a week in a czech hospital thus missing england v argentina in a world cup then hopefully your dad isnā€™t Scottish and wonā€™t refuse to pay any money to the hospital treating you.

11 Likes

Very specific instructions, gracias.

At your service

Darling club

You wonā€™t go too far wrong with any of the local beer. The locals will tell you that Pilsner Urquel is the pick of the mainstream brands.

Itā€™s a nice city for walking. Nice walk up the steps from the river to the castle district.

You can also see the original Little Child of Prague Statue in Mala Strana in the church of Our Lady of Victories.

1 Like

@Rocko any prague advice for @LionelRitchie ? Maybe that he should fly to somewhere in germany and get a couple of trains to get there?

2 Likes