Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

You’re swinging so wildly at anything that moves it’s hard to see anything you say as non aggressive these days.

Nah mate, it’s another example of you copying what somebody else has said.
Batt and Sid are grade A dickheads, I can’t hold my tongue forever, bandage is no shrinking violet either. Besides that all is good.

Batt & Sid are 2 gents.

It could be the only time in his life where not owning a set of car keys works in his favour

5 Likes

@Bandage did you hire the car in the end?

Doing a couple of days in Palermo first and picking up the car when we’re heading off around the island.

Be careful on those Sicilian roads mate, some of the driving can be hairy enough

Thanks for the heads up, mate. I’ll tell my driver.

:eek:

I hope you mean your chauffeur?

Well it’s highly unlikely Twould be his coiffeur.

They don’t rent cars to provisional drivers unfortunately.

Lovely piece in the Sunday Times Irish section on the culinary delights of Sicily. Not online unfortunately but my big takeaway was the rice balls. Arancini. You get the biggest rice balls in Italy in Sicily.

1 Like

How is it going @Bandage ?

We’re having a lovely time so far, pal.

A couple of days in Palermo (a mixture of splendour and decay) with a half day in Monreale. Lots of churches, palaces and stuff visited.

Headed to Agrigento in the south west from there to see the Valley of the Temples and a few other bits.

Then went across to Syracusa in the south east to see the Greek and Roman ruins and shit and the little island off it called Ortygia.

Back up along the coast yesterday evening to Taormina. We’re basing ourselves here for a few days and going to Mount Etna, some islands and maybe the two villages which were in one of the Godfather films.

Here’s a little view from MY BALCONY this morning looking down on Taormina and across at Mount Etna:

17 Likes

Excellent mate. I spent my honeymoon based in Taormina. I bought a world champion cycling jersey there.

1 Like

“Fabswingers” lol if you get it you get it

Magnificent

:heart_eyes:

Don Bando

1 Like

Some guys have all the luck