Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

I’m glad I teed that “nice post” up for you.

Italy really is God’s country.

1 Like

He’ll be even more surprised when he sees who got him over the line

Off to Lake Garda next week. I won’t even try and match @Bandage prose. He was painting a picture in my head as I read it.

2 Likes

Much appreciated, mate. You’ve been a great source of knowledge and support before and during this vacation.

1 Like

Hiked 4 (four) km steeply uphill from Taormina to Castelmola this morning. Some stunning views and brilliant churches to admire for staunch catholics like me.

Having a well earned almond wine in the Penis Bar in the village now.

4 Likes

Any link to the place you stayed?

It was called Hotel Mediterranee. It was on the hill above the the Main Street so excellent location and brilliant views. But it was an old school 4* and not a very modern place. We hadn’t anywhere booked until the day we arrived there because some of the lads were a bit tardy in providing detailed advice on this thread and this place did the trick for us.

1 Like

Any time iv been in Italy this has been the story. Average hotels in the main part.

1 Like

+1

Their 4/5 star are very poor fare.

We are spoilt with the quality of hotels in ireland. Unless you pay top dollar in the states it’s the same

1 Like

Third world really

Are you going to Gozo bud?

Herself is plauging me to go to Vegas. I haven’t a notion as to what i should be looking for regards accomodation etc. Any suggestions??

Pile of bollocks is what it is

Connecticut & Boston is out for another year or two.
Going to Tuscany and Rome instead. Planning 11 days in Tuscany via Pisa and fly back from Rome.
Previous advice from @Bandage and @balbec is holding good.

2 Likes

Where are you going in Tuscany, buddy.

Did a day trip in Gozo and Comino yesterday. Travelled via a powerboat for €35 return per person and it only took 30 minutes to get there - it was good laugh actually.

Got a middle eastern vibe off Gozo:

Comino was pretty picturesque:

5 Likes

why would anyone stay in a hotel in Italy:grinning:

In reference to Bandage’s previous leg of his holiday in Sicily , his fellow Celtic man Jim Kerr was on the radio this morning . He lives a bit of the year in Sicily . Kim’s grandfather was stationed there in WW 2

Jim seems a nice fellow btw .