Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Ask @Nembo_Kid, he spent a weekend there over the summer posting non-stop on TFK at a music festival.

3 Likes

They’ve a grand athletics club over there but I dunno what you’d do for 24 hours. Run, I guess.

1 Like

Meowwww.

Very catty today.

What’s Bari like @Cicero_Dandi ?

Supposed to be nice, but being a port, it could be dodgy too. In that area, Lecce is supposed to be worth a visit.

1 Like

Was at a wedding near Ostuni before which is an agreeable little town. Laid back, much less touristy than other parts of Italy I’ve been in.

1 Like

My family are northerners. I haven’t been to Bari but I believe it to be very nice. It would have a climate quite familiar to Sicily

1 Like

Fellas, we’re heading to Scotland in the summer to visit my brother and his family for a few days in Edinburgh, then planning on spending a week or so (possibly camping, maybe Airbnb) elsewhere in the country, whereabouts should we be looking?

I’m looking forward to the regular camping updates already.

3 Likes

Somewhere warmer than Scotland.

1 Like

Hire a car and head off for the Highlands mate. The cross country drive from Glasgow to Dundee is quite scenic too when you get to the East Side.

1 Like

Do you mean by

Scotland, or Britain in general.

If Scotland, from Edinburgh head for Inverness - great drive, across the highlands to Skye maybe, return via Inverness again and back down the great glen to Fort William and Ben Nevis - great drive, get to Glencoe - beautiful

Thanks fellas, not looking for drives to be honest, more a decent destination to base ourselves for about a week

Well then, I’d say get yourself down around Fort William where you have Glencoe, Ben Nevis within easy reach

1 Like

He would have loved Jamborora.

1 Like

You should try the internet mate. Full of options

@balbec

What is Poland like at Easter? Is there much of a closedown in terms of bars and restaurants?

1 Like

There’s no bars and restaurants in Poland. They all huddle around barrell fires, drinking vodka and eating borscht.

8 Likes

Heading to noosa for my holidays this year guys

1 Like

As far as bars and restaurants are concerned, everything will be open. Weather will be decent because Easter is late this year.

1 Like