Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Easy to spot which posters here are the sort of thick Micks that end up eating in McDonalds when they’re out of Ireland.

2 Likes

I was looking at it myself lately through G Adventures but it was coming to about €1500 each for myself and herself and then another €2000 each for return flights. I’d say it’s the guts of €10k between us after spending a few bob over there. The price of the flights put me off, did you find more reasonably priced flights?

I’d say you’d get a lovely mojito in Havana

Yeah I was looking at flights in April with Air Canada and they were coming in at €500 return each. Small layover in Toronto. Total flying time was about 16 hours each way.

Was in Oxford a few weeks back. Beautiful spot.

Fuck that shit

Small. Nice CEE city. Short drive to Vienna airport. Max two days.

Went down to Lismore there recently with the family. Lovely place. Some nice cafes etc. Unfortunately the castle was closed, but there is a lovely park and some nice walks

24 hours in Bilbao lads. Talk to me

The Guggenheim would be wasted on you

I spent nine days there in the 70’s with the Boy Scouts Kilmallock brigade. Graeme Mul’s father used to sing “Up the junction” around the campfire.

1 Like

Mount Melleray?? A mate of mine in the Cubs was hospitalized with exhaustion after not being allowed to fall asleep for an entire weekend

1 Like

That was Jamborora.

1 Like

No we just did Lismore. Think Mellary was the year before.

1978 no?

77 or 78 I’d say.

Jamborora wasMellaray in 77 according to Wikipedia, Horselips and the Chieftains played, sounds deadly,

3 Likes

Head down to Casco Viejo and traipse about.

1 Like

Go bar hopping on San Fransisco street, pal. You’ll have a blast.

1 Like