Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Beer garden Stakt is decent. Real hipster spot. Has a photo studio for dogs.

Great Asian food in Toronto.

Marijuana shops are worth a visit. Like Apple Stores.

There might be a Toronto equivalent of Scottieā€™s

I am not committing to it just yet but watch this space, there may well be a picture of scotties posted on TFK in the very near future.

2 Likes

Toronto version of Scottieā€™s is the Senator at 249 Victoria Street

Opened in 1836. As an aside Toronto name is derived from a Mohawk word.

@anon61878697 knew this

It was discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it Toronto, which of course in German means a whaleā€™s vagina

1 Like

A fine city where food and drink are of an excellent standard and of a reasonable cost compare to similar sized US and European cities.

Huge amount of high density buildings and the place is unbelievably flat for walking or cycling around. Great mix of bars and restaurants. Went to Niagara falls which were nice to see but the town itself is very touristy. Spent a nice afternoon/evening pottering around Niagara on the lake which is a quaint little town.

I also spent a couple of nights in Baltimore, one night in the burbs with friends and another in Fells Point which is well worth a visit - it is like a smaller version of Beale Street in Nashville mixed in with a European square with cobbled streets and heaps of bars catering for every taste. Had an outstanding meal in a Fois Gros restaurant there. The rest of Baltimore is probably an utter hovel but Fells Point is class and would highly recommend a one night stay there.

5 Likes

Landed in Turkey last evening for delayed Summer hols. Very pleasant weather with temperature in high 20s. Very few Irish or Tans around so far which is a big positive.

1 Like

Sorrento, anyone been??

Gonna be heading on a driving holiday around Utah in a couple of weeks. Anyone any advice re car rental, driving in that part of the world?

Thousands have, yes.

Rent one at the airport

Prick

1 Like

Have your Booking no. handy in case you meet @Batigol working the Enterprise desk. Heā€™s a stickler for those kind of things.

Also - whatever you do - do not put Mrs B, or indeed any women in your entourage, on navigation duties when leaving the airport.

1 Like

My entourage will not contain many womenā€¦

Did part of the honeymoon there, nice but very overpriced. Would recommend Tuscany, Sicily or Sardinia instead

1 Like

Was there for the exact same reason, a series of clifftop hotels (no beach as such, our hotel had steps down to a boardwalk which a sunbathing area essentially in the middle of the sea) and streets of shops/restaurants focused around a central square/piazza. Agreed on the cost of everything in the area but really enjoyed trips to Pompeii and Capri. Amalfi coast drive fairly spectacular too.
Tuscany/Florence a bit more quaint.

Pretty much sums up my time spent there, Positano and Pompeii were the highlights for me.

Signing in

Are we there yetā€¦are we there yetā€¦

2 Likes