Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

anyone been to sri lanka? any places that are must see?

Their Paisley Loyal Orange Lodge is well worth a visit.

1 Like

Thinking of doing a week in Dubai around Easter next year. Worth the trip as a tourist or is it extremely fake and expensive?

Make sure to eat your Easter eggs before you go, they’ll get very melted over there

I was going to eat them on the plane

Should be safe enough then hopefully

It’s both. Worth seeing but incredibly fake

It is a shithole of the highest order mate in my honest opinion. It’s a shame because some of the buildings and facilities are lovely, but shudder.

Are you in Greggs in Alderley Edge tipping away on TFK at the moment?

1 Like

I’m in cafe nero in alderley edge.
No celebs to report yet mate, but I’m keeping the eyes :eyes: open.

3 Likes

Last day of the good bike this year I’d say. I’ll need a boat tomorrow

I sensed a more relaxed Alderley Edge vibe more so than a gritty Rochdale location from your morning’s postings.

Thankyou mate. Whilst I always use my greggs mug (see below), there’d be street protest if greggs tried to open here. Think Oughteracist only burberry and sausage rolls.

Headed away down to Kilmeaden to go on the train up and down the greenway cc @Fagan_ODowd. They’ve a grand set up down there. The train itself is a bone rattler. The small one loved it though. Headed on into tramore with the intention of grabbing a bite, fuck all I fancied there so we brought the small one around the arcades and then headed back to o’donnachas in Kilmeaden for the grub. Fine fare, lovely waitresses. Grand spot.

Waterford is a lovely county

1 Like

It’s a hidden gem

There was a few rough as guts Dubs hanging around Tramore still. I wouldn’t go back to it. I think we’ll tip on to dunmore east the next time we’re back that way

Rough as guts dubs and some of our travelling community. Spent a night in camper with my kids down there. Little travellers robbing food from our van! Young fella had to go down with hurley to get his ball back too!

Smashing beach tho.

We parked on the prom and had a very brief stroll down it. Twas wild.

I thought the Greenway was a walk or cycle on a disused rail line? Please explain where the train comes into it now.

My missus has gone and booked us 2 weeks in the Netherlands this August, theme parks, beach resorts and a bit of campsite thrown in, she was never one to do the normal thing, pricy but looks cool