Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Malthausen was a camp too and on the way to Salzburg. There are steps down from a cliff where they used to make prisoners walk off the edge. It is chilling.

I absolutely would. But I am very interested in that period of time. You can almost feel/touch/sense what was going on. Also if youā€™re interested, myself and the wife spent 4 days in Munich about three years ago. I went on a tour of the back streets where the naziā€™s rose to power. Again chilling. An added bonus is that Munich is a fantastic city to go for a short break

I was there. Never again.

Freakish isnā€™t it?

Reading this. You would enjoy it

3 Likes

I presume available online?

Yeah on amazon. I got audible.

1 Like

Yep. I go there for a conference every year. Itā€™s a very pleasant city but can get incredibly hot and sticky.

You can do the trip up the danube to Bratislava and make sure you visit the funfair in prater (in the middle of the city, a bit of the living daylights was filmed there)

Also make sure to visit the hofburg palace and the Opera.

Hotel wise thereā€™s plenty of luxury & pricey ones in the city centre but thereā€™s a melia hotel a out 2km out of the centre on the tube line that has fantastic views of the city from every room

Was there for three weeks. An absolutely fantastic city.

1 Like

So itā€™s safe to say a couple of day would not suffice maybe a week or so.

Will probably bring the youngest who will be five by the time we go sounds amazing

Well fuck you Art
Iā€™ve itchy feet now

1 Like

Indeed it is, I was supposed to be there last week :anger:

If youā€™re going on excursions then youā€™d need the week.

If you could dump the smallies on someone else then itā€™d make a great romantic break

The youngest has been staying with my mam for sleepovers so may ditch her for the week

Youā€™d want to have been there in the 1940ā€™s to get the real feel of it. Gas place.

Thatā€™s a bit close to the bone.

Thereā€™s actually a couple of the Nazi anti aircraft towers still up in 2 of the parks in Vienna.

They havenā€™t gone away, you know

1 Like

I know. Just too tempting to resist.

1 Like

Wasnt that how Hitler died.
When he got the gas bill.

1 Like

The architecture of the tower is amazing.

In all honesty I am gone mad into all that stuff I find it amazing how they constructed building.

My favourite city for architecture is the Netherlands.

The canal boats are unrale