Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

:joy:

Enjoy your lockdown mate. :+1:

Anyone venturing on a foreign holiday this year or have hopes of doing so?

Canaries for a month in July, come hell or high water

2 Likes

Pal of mine is just back from a week in lanzarote. Place is wide open, no masks, restaurants serving, buffet breakfast etc. A few token signs etc. He’s heading back out in a week or so.
I suppose the public get tired when they hear 87% of tests are bogus.

1 Like

Driving to France in July

Yeah I have being thinking along those same lines. Get a Ferry from Rosslare to Cherbourg/Roscoff and spend 10 days somewhere along west coast. Will be first time out of the country with the little one and will have to load up car with strollers, cots etc. Will probably look to try and stay in one of those campsites and rent a mobile home.

Booked 2 weeks in Italy for end of June, it’ll be touch and go I’d say

1 Like

you serious?

One of the stipulations on entry is a negative test to the canaries and you must also be subjected to a health test.

Gonna chance the states in August all going well

@johnnysachs From my experience the Brittany Ferries ship the Pont Aven was the best ship on the Ireland France route. Roscoff is without a doubt the better port to come back from, a really lovely Breton village and a really nice place to put in a couple of hours before the ferry. Cherbourg rivals Maçon for me as the worst town in France.

North western France is fairly featureless but there are lovely beaches in the Vendee and some good campsites. Some lovely sites in the Loire as well. It can be as wet as Clonmel so tailor your expectations. You really have to be prepared to drive to the Med if you want guaranteed sunshine.

7 Likes

Absolutely

Thanks for advice Fagan. Yeah Vendee region is probably what I would be pushing for. Wife mentioned a place called Carnac in Britany as its a shorter drive but if we can stretch it out to a 5 or 6 hour drive from the port it would help on the weather front. Apparently it rains solidly for a week once a month during the summer so we if we could go south of Loire might get a bit of nicer weather. Royan looked fairly nice town.

We’re going down south near Grasse. Planning to drive it over two days so will stop over in Munich or Innsbruck. Haven’t decided yet where.

Sounds like an incredible road trip. Grasse looks stunning. Will you be able to take in a few alpine villages on the way?

He’d have to do all motorways if he’s going to do it in two days.

2 Likes

Standard for the Poles to drive 48 hours to the sun… A lot used to go down Croatia way back in the day.

1 Like

Hoping to go to Argentina on a work trip in July/August but maybe add a few days onto it for a little holiday. I will be going without child or wife. It’s touch and go as to whether or not I can get that work done this year

Not planning to but will do a few day trips from there.

1 Like