Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Awful piggery

1 Like

I’m going there next Friday for a night or two, then getting a boat to Mykonos or some nice island like that. What specifically should I avoid in Athens?

1 Like

Tramps, pickpockets, most taxi men especially taxi guys totally corrupt, know it’s been years since I worked there but basically it was a shithole inhabited by rude v crude ppl,
Cradle of civilisation my hole,
If coming through Piraeus forget taxis , cheap reliable metro instead, you’ll have to go to Piraeus for all ferries ( it’s the docks )and was dodgy at night

3 Likes

Are the islands alright? They better be.

1 Like

V much so afaik unfortunately I was stuck in Athens for a few months, my brothers and mates all had a fab time on the islands

Watch out for the refugees! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The Irish ones

1 Like

Naples is one of the best cities I’ve ever visited

6 Likes

How so pal?

I’ve never been but have always worked under the (mis) apprehension it’s a shit hole.

1 Like

Lovely setting. Mental.

1 Like

Down near the bay it is fantastic. Pompeii and the Amalfi coast a short drive away too. Great city. Presume you’ll do the coast? It’s breathtaking. Be careful driving though some of the curves and passes :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

It’s a stunning spot. They’ve a shrine to Maradona.

Going to Sorrento tomorrow

1 Like

Somewhere I’d love to go, enjoy all those types of places now because when/if you have kids that shit will be out

2 Likes

7 Likes

In Ibiza.

Any recommendations?

Sunset in Cafe Mambo

Are any clubs open?

Guetta is playing in Ushuaia tonight.

Yokes.

7 Likes

Just landed in Naples. Any recommendations for here and surrounding area?

What year was Maradona a half-forward with the Tipp footballers?

Pompeii is class. Will take half a day.

Unreal nightlife in the city centre. Maradona murals are impressive.

2 Likes