Holiday destinations for the lone traveller

For the first time in a number of years I am a single man in vacation season and given that I’m a bit of a loner and no one wants to go on holidays with me it looks like I will be holidaying alone this summer.

I’m looking for somewhere either in Europe or the east coast of the United States. I intend it to be a cultural holiday rather than a sun holiday and expect to go for between 5 and 7 days (astro fixture and training sessions permitting).

At the moment I’m leaning towards heading to Europe and taking in Auschwitz. World War II is my favourite war so I’m thinking of taking Auschwitz in along with a few other historical sites.

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

thinly veiled “im a sex tourist” thread by tinnion

Jump on a Ryanair plane to Berlin - stay a day or two. Then buy a rail pass and hit Krakow/Auschwitz, Prague and onto to Budapest. Fly home.

Stay in Backpacker hostels and use the Irish charm to bang loads of American and Ozzie birds.

Cheap and cheerfull!!

I was just about to say Amsterdam, everything a single man wants right there.

Or Vegas of course.

Is it me or does someone having a favourite war seem ever so slightly bizarre?

:rolleyes:

What about Thailand so tinnion if that’s what floats your boat?

Steve was always my favourite.

Serious answers only please. I’m saving to go to Thailand next year.

:rolleyes:

I reckon I could be in the same boat this summer myself. Have 2 days off for the match next week and after that I’m a bit stumped, and have to take 2 weeks holidays together, which I don’t even particularly want to do.

Carne or Curracloe.

Good work Manus, I thought one of the other cricket officianados would get it first.

[quote=“briantinnion”]For the first time in a number of years I am a single man in vacation season and given that I’m a bit of a loner and no one wants to go on holidays with me it looks like I will be holidaying alone this summer.

I’m looking for somewhere either in Europe or the east coast of the United States. I intend it to be a cultural holiday rather than a sun holiday and expect to go for between 5 and 7 days (astro fixture and training sessions permitting).

At the moment I’m leaning towards heading to Europe and taking in Auschwitz. World War II is my favourite war so I’m thinking of taking Auschwitz in along with a few other historical sites.

Anyone have any suggestions for me?[/QUOTE]

berlin is a cracking spot…Prague could be a dodgey enough spot on your lonesome…

Thinly veiled “Why don’t we go on holidays together” post

I’ll go with you. A magnificent country.

Not really Runt, do you understand the thread title or should one of us explain it to you?

Its the new thing, fuck having a favourite band or a favourite football thing or whatever your judged these days on what wars are hot and what are not. Personally Im a big fan of the Punic wars particularly the 2nd when Hannibal thought the Romans a lesson ‘Dont fuck with the Carthaginians’

Explain it

Also thinking of Boston. JFK is my favourite assassination victim and I just need to visit the Kennedy compund to complete my tourist activities around him. Tried to re-enact his shooting with TP McNally in Dallas last year but most other tourists weren’t impressed, also took in his grave in Arlington so that leaves the Compound as the last big sight to see.

Will we book our flights this week Sledge?

Pfft, JFK isnt even my fav Kennedy.