Holidays in Ireland thread (Laois is for prisoners)

Ah sure @mikehunt by name, mikehunt by nature. Its not for the plaudits we do this

1 Like

Yeah, burren sanc would prob do the job so. Coole park nice for a walk too.

1 Like

Apologies. I didn’t see your reply til @Bandage informed me. Thanks for the info. We shall no doubt cross the border.

2 Likes

The Hook lighthouse is worth a visit.

As nice a fish and chip as I’ve had in a while. Scraggy Bay on tap and the sun splitting the stones. What more could you want

Left there and went 5 minutes up the road to the beach and it was black clouds all around.

Went in for a swim but had to get out when the thunder started.

Ireland eh.

10 Likes

An ex-KPMG character owns that place with another lad. Think they’ve a place in Galway too called Barnacles or something. The KPMG chap was half mad but a nice chap.

Linnane’s is good but always packed and the parking is a disaster for a place you have to drive to.

Was grand now today, but we were in and out early

Slick operation now

Park it anywhere and they’ll think you’re local.

She’s tight enough.

1 Like

You’re at nothing unless you arrive by helicopter to Linnanes(or so I’m led to believe)

Or Paddle board.

Very few English regs around this year.

Headed Carlow direction at the weekend for a couple of nights. Split season…you know yourself. Won’t be too far from the Marble city. Any recommendations?

This place comes highly recommended for a bit to ate

After that, get out of Carlow

1 Like

You’ve obviously never been there.

Would you not consider anything an hour or so North, South or West of Carlow?

You’ll have to book this Mimosa place by the way @maurice_brown

1 Like

I was only there last summer. Early one Sunday afternoon about noon to beat the rush. So there was plenty of room on the pier at that time. We hadn’t booked but there was a catering van out the front that catered for passing trade like us. It was very, very slow. Pushing two hours before we got served. So by the time we left the whole place was chockers. We had fierce difficulty getting out of the pier and back on the road to Kinvara.

Now, any more questions Ambrose?

2 Likes