Holidays in Ireland thread (Laois is for prisoners)

Excellent facilities for the lady & kids on site tbf.

Doolin with the tent. Can’t be bate at that age.

1 Like

Hook Head is a great spot. Fethard or Duncannon. Any amount of smashing beaches. Plenty of playgrounds and you are in striking distance of Wexford town, Tramore, Dunmore and Waterford.

2 Likes

Lotta bully boy shit here against Mac. Sad to see

1 Like

Woodlands in Adare is very kid friendly. They have a small pet farm thing and are after building a playground there recently. They have these outdoor dining huts that are great with kids and the food is reasonably enough priced. Also a leisure centre with a baby pool etc.

They’ll also arrange a babysitter for you if needed. They’ve a kids club too but yours probably too young for that.

There’s plenty more bits to do in the area as well.

Would I fuck stay in a hotel with two young kids though. Fuck that. Rent a house somewhere so ye can at least watch TV or something in the evening.

3 Likes

@johnnysachs I’ve kids your age roughly and based ourselves near Castlegregory earlier in the summer. Stayed in a perfectly serviceable Air BnB for 3 nights. It wasn’t within walking distance of the village but a great base for the Dingle Peninsula for 150 euro a night at the time.

1 Like

By coincidence, or maybe because google are telling them what I am up to. Woodlands spammed me there. Special offer for this Friday only. Back to school special. €199 for a family room with a double and two singles inc breakfast for 2 adults and 2 kids. €225 for 3 kids. FriFamily in the promo section to access it if anyone is interested

1 Like

Hebron sounds like an interesting place to visit. Any oul intifadas on the go at present?

Any decent beach to bring the kids to tomorrow along the coast between Garretstown and Inchydoney?

Warren Beach, Rosscarbery is a little further out from Clon is a nice spot

1 Like

Howe Stand is nice when the tide is out.

That’s where id go as well

It’s no spin from garretstown to inchydoney…courtmcsherry be another place en route that would be nice to call with kids but isn’t the best beach maybe

1 Like

Yeah would know Barnabrow well, we had our wedding there - would still be very pricey in summer?

Anybody know of any nice holiday cottages/houses for short rental on west coast - ideally overlooking the sea

Thanks

Read a certain way that comes across as very sinister.

2 Likes
1 Like

Am staying in something similar down there weekend after next for a wedding.

1 Like

Currently planning out next trip back home - unfortunately summer is very difficult now due to my daughter’s new school schedule, but Christmas time is doable; however, besides Christmas itself I assume there would be sweet fuck all for us to do for two weeks from mid-late December in East Cork? Wife currently saying she doesn’t mind but in reality she’ll be pissed if we are just stuck indoors for two weeks due to shite weather, dangerous roads and everything being closed.

Better off staying away so

5 Likes

:100:

Enjoy the better weather and throw on Die Hard after the roasted chiwawa

1 Like