Holidays in Ireland thread (Laois is for prisoners)

aka “the smoking section”

cc @Gman

1 Like

Thats @count_of_monte_crist heartland there

1 Like

Book the strand online.

Also ask permission in future…

Did you get an over priced coffee?

Strand not open.

Roches was tasty. Looked like a fine spot for a days supping.

1 Like

Aye a grand spot.

Are you staying local?

Nah, day trip to the Lighthouse etc

1 Like

They make you sign up for the Mogues when you were there?

Get making the contingencies lads

We took a big group of kids(teenagers) to Tayto park yesterday for a birthday

The new rollercoasters are really good, the Fianna one in particular is shit hot, CuChulainn still one of the best rides I’ve done, the noise of a wooden coaster is hard bate.
A great day, the food on there isn’t that bad at all and not very expensive.
I couldn’t understand why because it was a lovely Saturday in June but we never had to queue more than 25 minutes for any ride all day, we were able to go on as many times as we wanted for the main rides.
I bought everybody a bag of taytos when we were leaving because it wouldn’t be the same otherwise :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Didn’t they used to give them out for free when leaving?

I was only ever there once (to see Santa) and we got a few bags handed out on way out.

1 Like

Emerald Park

Yes, that was always the way

It was a nice tradition

I suppose you could ask Tayto to continue handing out free crisps to a place they have no association with

2 Likes

Incidentally we stopped off at Junction 14 coming home, it was choc a Bloc with Laois and Offfaly jerseys,

Three middle aged Laois men plonked down next to us, the most annoying know it all fake banterous cunts you’d ever have to endure, I would have loved to have busted their heads open, they reminded me of someone :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Nothing worse

1 Like

They don’t own it anymore?I thought it was just a name change

The owner of Tayto sold the crisp company but held onto and still owns the park, something like that

Although I think he died a few years ago :man_shrugging:

Ray coylee, used to own largo foods which owned tayto