Holidays

We have an offer of a good house free for a wk upstate connecticut in summer with flexible timing. Driving distances look fine. Anyone done that area and boston/cape cod in summer for a couple of wks? (No j1s pls)

Did Cape Cod for a fortnight a few years ago. Lovely spot. The Connecticut coast is super as well.

Three weeks in Spain at the end of September/start of October - with my wedding in the middle… Some sort of honeymoon in January - I’m hoping Colombia but Princess has watched too much Narcos…

1 Like

Good advice. Not totally tied to lot of sun just dry weather really. Kids are too young for v long haul driving must look into flying option but packing up the car with everything required is attractive

Cheers

Packing up car is great. And the Ferry is a great beginning and end to any holiday, just don’t expect unbroken sunshine.

I stayed in this place a couple of times. It’s about as far as you should drive in a day from the ferry, but it was a great spot.

As an aside. Roscoff is a great place to come back from. Light years ahead of Cherbourg.

This place is closer to the ferry. Nice campsite and close to the seaside but not as good as the other site.

Thank you

1 Like

Yeah can go cork roscoff so definitely going that route. Times work out well get on ferry late afternoon get off early next no.

That 2nd site Bel was actually the one recomended to me on basis was v suitable for young kids. And walking distance to both beach and a nice town centre

The other place looks unbelievable. How long a drive is that from roscoff? Doesn’t look all that much further ?

When are you off mate ?

Camping bel is about 5 hours from the ferry and would be perfect for young kids. Fierbois is a couple of hours further away and older kids would get more out of it.

When I give the hours above I’m factoring in necessary stops.

July for a month

I’m toying with the idea of the canaries sometime over Christmas, possibly the 24th or 26th for a week Has anyone ever been there in Dec?
I can get decent prices on flights, haven’t looked at a hotel yet.

Stayed in Lanzarote the last two Decembers for a week. We left there on December 17th last time.

With kids ?
We still have Santa for the small one ( iPhone this year ) so really should be home on the big day… but we can get around her I’m sure… Santa is magic after all.

Was it busy there ? All shops restaurants open ?

Five weddings abroad? Are these Irish folk marrying abroad or are you including English folk marrying in England as a wedding ‘abroad’ for yourself?

Cambrillas park in Salut for 10 nights. When the kids get older I’ll chance the driving to France crack.

1 Like

Will ye invite many to the wedding in Spain? Much hassle in organising or are you hiring some type of Spanish wedding planner to do all that for you?

No kids. Busy out over. Everything open. Weather generally around low 20s

1 Like

When are you going?

Cornwall and St Ives is magical. Like Dingle without the yanks. Are there still direct flights to Newquay?

A week in Killarney and a week in Antibes for the Spideys.

Did you patch things up with the wife?