Home brewing beer

well thinking of trying this malarkey any of ye have any experience of it? positive or negative…

I have tried this twice, the first time it was utter shite, the second time wasn’t too bad.You basically get what you pay for, if you buy the basic kits the stuff normally ends up tasting like vinegar.

B)

A couple of lads I know tried it with the basic kit. Didn’t taste very nice at all.

Yeah like when you buy this powder in a bag, add water, come back 6 weeks later and it’s supposed to be cider…

A huge amount of sugar is one of the main ingrediants and a tin of a syrup like substance.

Anyone know where you can get that warm German cider in Ireland? Lovely stuff but I’ve never seen it anywhere. Brewing it wouldn’t be that hard I’d say. The gear is cheap enough isn’t it?

I was half thinking about cider last year as we had a huge crop of apples but I was afraid I would kill or blind someone, any of ye know a home brew shop in Ireland

There is or was some fairly good online homebrew shops in Ireland, they would have everything you need to start up, the first kit I bought was actually in easons, they used have a section dedicated to it down the back but not anymore.

I had a look online but I like to see the equipment up close and personal.

Found this a while ago turfcutter - http://www.homebrewtalk.com/wiki/index.php/Apfelwein

These lads have apparently made a few thousand gallons using the same method and it looks straightforward enough. It’d be worth a go for the craic of it anyway.

Made an ameutar attempt at it in college. Tested it on at a party we threw in the house, everyone was bananas in fairness but pretty sick the next day. Fcuked the most of it into the canal outside the house in Mill Street. Minor fish kill at the back of Roisins a few minutes later.

Could you be bothered your arse?

With homemade cider I can guarantee you would be bothering your arse

It seems pretty straightforward. I reckon I’ll give it a shot. Beer is a lot trickier by the sounds of it.

Stop ignoring my joke and just put in a " :lol: "

I have 40 50cl bottles maturing in the shed of what might turn out to be a 5% golden ale. Or might be pure pisswater.

3 Likes

You buy a kit?

Lovely. What’s the story with temperature controlled rooms to make this? My mate made some lovely beers before including a black IPA. @count_of_monte_crist did you ever try it out?

Yes. Edit I got a present of a kit.