Home brewing beer

Made it in the kitchen

This has been on my list of things to do for a while. How long do you leave them?

The first fermentation in the buckets was out in the shed for about 6 weeks but it didn’t need to be that long. Bottled it at the weekend (just like the Limerick hurlers). Needs two weeks in the bottles in the shed and a week in the fridge. Smelled right when I was bottling it.

7 Likes

Ye don’t need any lessons from us about bottling it against Kilkenny.

1 Like

No we don’t. I knew I’d get a bottle jibe so I thought I’d get the first dig in.

1 Like

:grin::grin: you can break it open on Saturday night in celebration lad, I wouldn’t think you’d be in great order on Sunday tho

1 Like

Was in that industrial estate in Glasnevin during the week and passed by a homebrew supply shop, can’t remember the name but must call in some day. On my to do list this.

Ok we* are about to go live here. 36 pints of cream stout raring to go. Have just finished the laborious task of sanitizing everything and we’ll be making the mix soon.

*I

5 Likes

We’re* in the lap of the Gods now.

*I’m

2 Likes

We have lift off. The distinctive bloop de bloop through the airlock has started.

2 Likes

How do you gauge or measure the strength of the beer?

By how drunk it makes you?

1 Like

With a hydrometer

https://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/hydrometer-p-94.html

1 Like

bottled this just now. Two more weeks to drink it. It has to bottle condition. Had a sneaky taste of it and at the moment it tastes like bottled Guinness

7 Likes

What did you condition it with table sugar ir did you get stuff with kit?

Table sugar

I got the sugar tablets, didnt make much of a difference. Hopefully taste the finest. Will tip you over till pubs open

Cold one or off the shelf, boy?

Shelf