Home Sweet Home - Apollo House Takeover

The government attacking Dublin GAA again. It’s a miracle we can field a team.

5 Likes

The Dublin LAs have numerous rapid build housing projects on the go at the moment. These are design and build on LA land. There is a serious time lag though down public procurement and obviously a construction sector coming back from being decimated. There is a serious labour shortage, blocklayers (cunts) demanding crazy money again.
Public Works Contract is also a difficult contract to work under and administrate. Contractors not interested in taking on that type of work. Only getting one or two tenders back for small housing jobs is a regular occurance now.

3 Likes

Paddy C is still desperately overcompensating for the negative publicity he got a couple years ago and trying to lay it into FG.

I thought these rapid build units wouldn’t have required blocklayers?

A lot of them are timber frame.

Worst way to build a house. Shanty towns in SA are better built than timber frame in this country.

Not true anymore, construction details much improved over the last 10 years.

1 Like

1.50 a block in Lk these days,blame FAS for the shortage.There was plenty a lads sitting on their holes for nearly 10 years who could have been trained up in that time

3 Likes

Too much like hard work for fellas.

True dat

Would a fella lay 300+ in a day?

He would

1 Like

Do it for a decade and see how you’re fix after though… Most fellas are fucked in their mid 30s unless they are animals.

2 Likes

Aye. Savage hard work. Lad I know works with concrete (not block laying now mind) and I’ve done a few days helping him out. Awful heavy, unforgiving substance. My hands, forearms and back would be in bits after it. Of course I’m soft, but still

1 Like

I laboured with a blocklayer on and off for a few hours the past few weeks. The blocks are one thing but fucking sills and lintils :sob::sob: Holy fuck, your back would be ready to buckle trying to horse them in.

wtf?

I’m bootstrapping an extension to the house mate. I’d lay them myself if the engineer would sign off on it.

2 Likes

Are you gone direct labour on it?

Engineer?

Whatever about an extension, you’d want your head examined to direct labour on a new build in this day and age.