Home Sweet Home - Apollo House Takeover

Iā€™d be on decent terms with a local councillor in the Fingal area. Thereā€™s a load of instances of people refusing housing for reasons that would make most people angry. They donā€™t generally come to light nor should they.
The Tipperary case only came to light after months of negotiations according to the media. So itā€™s hardly like they boosted it at first opportunity.

Mrs Cash got a megaphone and started shouting about it.

There might not be an anti traveller conspiracy at play here after allā€¦

Thatā€™s why I said we need to enforce education, community participation, peopleā€™s self worth ā€¦ youā€™re not reading my posts here, kid. Iā€™m on about breaking the system gradually over time by bringing those largely on the outskirts of society back into the fold as best we can. What;s the point in handing people a house? They will have no respect for it ā€¦ You make them work some bit for it and for the community and they will respect it and the process a lot more. etc. etc. etc. ā€¦ We have to break the cycle by offering people dignity, by making them active participants in the stateā€¦ but you also cant blame people for getting annoyed when people getting a big hand out are asking for more when the majority of people giving the handout are nearly in a worse place.

Iā€™m reading your posts pal. I agree with a lot of what you are saying.

I donā€™t think you are getting the point of mine either. I understand people are upset and angry, that people get handouts while they work their bollocks off. I get it. Itā€™s not easy to look at or live with.

My point is, itā€™s entirely fucking useless to point any outrage at the people receiving these handouts, unless the desired outcome is to shame them into handing back the money. Thatā€™s a fast track to ulcers.

Iā€™ll be down to Middleton tonight to bate the bollox off you.

1 Like

Kick her in the fanny Kellyyyyy

Iā€™d say thereā€™ll be a queue as long as the viewing for a reasonably priced rental for that mate.

You campaigned for abortion.

Where is your personal responsibility?

2 Likes

A nordie with a hand grenadeā€¦ this will be messy

ouch

A retard with a retarded statement more like ā€“ it doesnt even make sense :laughing:

1 Like

Iā€™m not really sure that people are upset or angry at Margaret Cash, moreso they just dont have sympathy or empathy for her considering her complete lack of effort to try better herself without relying on others to do the work for her.

When people are in a dire situation, they work hard, they burst their bollox to put things right and look after their family. Her method is to shout and roar and scream unfairness and get things handed to her for no reason at all other than entitlement. she is a microcosm of society today, I want everything but I dont want to do anything to get it.

There was a report issued some time back where it showed the cost of building a house was more than the retail value of it. here: https://constructionnews.ie/the-real-cost-of-new-house-delivery-report/.

When this was issued, the amount of ordinary people who were aghast at property developers looking for 10% margin on the development was mental. All the talk about the greedy developers and looking for profit. Well, yes, If you are investing ā‚¬4 million in a project to build 20 houses, if 2 of those houses dont sell, then you will not have earned a cent and potentially lose money.

Similarly the people who go mad when the council go out to build a 300 development project that goes through a developer, do they think the government have on hand all the expertise required to make such a project happen? Coupled with the views on the likes of Margaret Cash, there is also the view that property developers cant be involved in helping solve the housing crisis as they are private entities out for themselves. Its a fucked up circle that is going no where and not being fixed.

2 Likes

What red tape is there currently that stops large scale building ā€¦ or what can be removed? Thereā€™s a load of land around the place for building on - whatā€™s stopping it, gov red tape? cunts hoarding land? Cost?

Unfortunate turn of phrase.

5 Likes

Sounds like a lack of personal responsibility given you advocated that people should be allowed murder their ā€œmistakeā€.

NIMBYism as well.

1 Like

would it not be cheaper for the government in the long term to subsidize the developers, get the units up and get it over and done with.

Rather than forking out a never ending, increasing lump sum to subsidize private land lords and people staying in hotels?

The most obvious solution to the housing crisis is barring people from owning multiple properties and creating a crazy rental market.

that would lead to less properties? :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

How so? Are the properties going to disappear when such a legislation would be passed?

no but the capital and incentive for building new ones wouldā€¦

2 Likes