Honour to Nadal - An icon for clean tennis

Good point.

Itā€™s not horseshit.

Itā€™s factually correct. Federer won a lot of easy titles before the likes of Nadal, Djokovic and even Murray brought the game to a new level.

Look at Federerā€™s first 12 titles and the players he had to play for the QFs onwards

2003 Wimbledon - Shacklen, Roddick, Philopoussis
2004 Australian Open - He beat Nalbandian, Ferrero and Safin
2004 Wimbledon - Hewitt, Grosjean, Roddick
2004 US Open - 34 year old Agassi, Hewitt, Henman
2005 Wimbledon - Gonzalez, Hewitt, Roddick.
2005 - US Open - 35 year old Agassi, Nalbandian, Hewitt
2006 Australian Open - Davydenko, Kiefer, Baghdatis
2006 Wimbledon - Ancic, Bjorkman, Nadal
2006 US Open - Blake, Davydenko, Roddick
2007 Australian Open - Robredo, Roddick, Gonzalez
2007 Wimbledon - Ferrero, Gasquet, Nadal
2007 US Open - Roddick, Davydenko, Djokovic

You can see the timeline developing, 2006/2007. Nadal is becoming a threat outside of clay, Djokovic emerging as serious threat. By this time, Federer already had 7 slams in the bag. After Nadal and Djokovic broke in in 2008, Federer only went on to win 6 slams. He could not compete with the level these guys brought the game to.

The paucity of Federerā€™s slams pre 2008 exaggerate his greatness.

Federer is six years older than Djokovic. Federer was the first player to beat Djokovic in all four Grand Slams. Djokovic raised his game to a new level against Federer when Roger got old. The 2015 Championship Final and US Open Final were either side of Federer turning 34. Beating a 34 year old Agassi in the 2005 final, I see has been cited.

Novak only really got good when he discovered gluten free. Heā€™d only won two Grand Slams before he turned 24.

The GOAT can thank his lucky stars for all those Nadal injuries and Novak taking so long to discover gluten free.

1 Like

Ah here now itā€™s federers fault he is the years older than Nadal. Next you will be telling us that Nadal didnā€™t have a shit in 3 days and thatā€™s why he didnā€™t win.

All your doing is making excuses. Federer has beaten everyone put in front of him and won 18 slams. Thatā€™s all there is and all your doing is making a fool of yourself. Just accept it federer is the GOAT with 18 grand slam titles. You can throw every other fact you want but the one that remains unchanged is federer has 18 grand slam wins. Simple as that. You just need to lie down, get over your devastation at seeing your man beaten beaten by a guy 5 years older and one leg.

1 Like

Ah itā€™s getting ridiculous now the amount of excuses he is coming up with.

1 Like

Feigned injury.

:joy::joy::joy::joy:.

1 Like

No one wins on One Leg, pal.

I didnā€™t say itā€™s his fault. I have provided stats that back up the paucity of the competition which was there when Federer put his first 12 slams on the board. To his credit he made hay when the field was weak, when the field got really strong and competitive he struggled much more. From 2008 onwards, the records read:

Djokovic 12
Nadal 11
Federer 6

I think itā€™s fair to say had all these players emerged on the scene at the same time these figures would accurately reflect the true measure of greatness.

For me Nadal is the greatest, I certainly think there can be a very strong case made for Djokovic with regard that title. I think Federer was a good bit off.

The 6 titles he has won 2008 onwards, he has done so by avoiding having to play the next top seed in those respective tournaments.

2012 Championship - Number 3 seed Federer beat the reigning champion and Number 1 seed Djokovic in the semi final and Number 4 seed Sir Andrew Murray in the final.

Keep digging

1 in 6 is an anomaly.

Stop peddling lies.

Oh and I forgot to say - 2008 US Open = 2nd seeded Federer beat 3rd seat Djokovic in the semi final on the way to his 5 in a row.

You seem to have misunderstood my statement.

Federer has only beaten the highest seed apart (this being either 1, or in the case Federer is 1, then 2) on one occasion of his 6 slams post 2007.

Five in a row US Opens? Wow. Think Nadal only has a couple.

Iā€™m the native English speaker here.

And a noted bullshitter.

Horse shit

With opinions like that no wonder mltcc are unfeiendly to you

Nadalā€™s record

2008 French Open - beat 1st seed Federer
2008 Wimbledon - beat 1st seed Federer
2009 Australian Open - beat 1st seed Federer
2012 French Open - beat 1st seed Djokovic
2013 French Open - beat 1st seed Djokovic
2013 US Open - beat 1st seed Djokovic
2014 French Open - beat 1st seed Djokovic

1 Like

And your point is?

Federer likes the taps in.

As Agassi said:

[quote]Andre Agassi has hailed Rafael Nadal as the best player in the history of tennis, ahead of Roger Federer.

The former world No 1 opted for the Spaniard over Federer, whose wife earlier this week gave birth to a second set of twins, because he has thrived in an ultra-competitive ā€œgolden age of tennisā€.

ā€œIā€™d put Nadal number one, Federer number two,ā€ the eight-time Grand Slam-winner said.
ā€œFederer separated himself from the field for four years. He separated himself from Roddick and Hewitt,ā€ Agassi added.

ā€œNadal had to deal with Federer, Djokovic, Murray in the golden age of tennis. He has done what he has done and heā€™s not done yet.ā€[/quote]

Hard to argue with that, really.

1 Like