Hotels In Ireland

I couldn’t find the other thread so posting a new one

Planning a 2 night break with the missus in Ireland as I refuse to travel for any foreign city breaks anymore (except the odd London or Paris trip)

Thinking about the Cliff House in Waterford or Monart in Wexford
If go to Cliff House will do the restaurant and if go to Monart will do some spa stuff or one of their fitness weekends

Any views on either/preferences

Any other suggestions for a nice hotel with something to do within about a two hour drive of Dublin

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 951016, member: 2272”]I couldn’t find the other thread so posting a new one

Planning a 2 night break with the missus in Ireland as I refuse to travel for any foreign city breaks anymore (except the odd London or Paris trip)

If go to Cliff House will do the restaurant and if go to Monart will do some spa stuff or one of their fitness weekends

Any other suggestions for a nice hotel with something to do within about a two hour drive of Dublin[/QUOTE]
There’s a republican plot in the graveyard at St Declan’s tower at Ardmore, about 15 minutes walk out the cliff side , that’s well worth a visit.

Why so Fagan?

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 951016, member: 2272”]I couldn’t find the other thread so posting a new one

Any other suggestions for a nice hotel with something to do within about a two hour drive of Dublin[/QUOTE]

Look no further than Monart pal.

He wouldn’t be interested in that sort of thing.

Cliff House all the way.

[ATTACH=full]1295[/ATTACH]

Volunteer Declan Patsy Hurton’s grave in Ardmore. Hurton was captured by the British and imprisoned on Spike Island. After the truce he was released but instead of returning home he headed in the direction of Lacken to meet a girl he knew. This entailed taking the train to Thurles and changing. While waiting on the train in Thurles, a drunken Black and Tan rolled a grenade onto the train, killing Hurton.

Castle Leslie near Monaghan is the best hotel I’ve stayed at in Ireland.

Monart
Rooms - 7/10
Service - 8/10
Spa Facilities 9/10
Restaurant 8/10
Breakfast 10/10
Things to do if you’re not interested in the Spa 4/10

Mount Juliet
Rooms - 8/10
Service - 7/10
Spa Facilities 4/10
Restaurant 10/10
Breakfast 8/10
Things to do if you’re not interested in the Spa 7/10

Cliff House
Haven’t been but reports suggest 10/10 for food.
Fantastic location, and loads of things to do close by (Cliff walk, republican graveyard, good pubs in Ardmore)

Park Hotel Kenmare
Rooms - 8/10
Service - 9/10
Spa Facilities 7/10
Restaurant 8/10
Breakfast 9/10
Things to do if you’re not interested in the Spa 8/10

What were the 3 points deducted for on the Monart rooms @Fran? Can’t recall finding too much at fault.

They’ve nice surroundings too, a nice leisurely walk there to be had around the paddocks if you’re so inclined.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 951053, member: 180”]What were the 3 points deducted for on the Monart rooms @Fran? Can’t recall finding too much at fault.

They’ve nice surroundings too, a nice leisurely walk there to be had around the paddocks if you’re so inclined.[/QUOTE]

The bathrooms were nice but I thought the rooms were standard enough in comparison to other places i’ve stayed, a little bit generic.

The gardens are nice but the paddocks are basically a couple of fields

[QUOTE=“Fran, post: 951057, member: 110”]

The gardens are nice but the paddocks are basically a couple of fields[/QUOTE]
Thats usually what paddocks are I suppose.

They’re hardly a great selling point for a 5 Star Hotel so

I could go down home and walk around the fields for hours

:smiley:

Agree with this.

[QUOTE=“Fran, post: 951049, member: 110”]Monart
Rooms - 7/10
Service - 8/10
Spa Facilities 9/10
Restaurant 8/10
Breakfast 10/10
Things to do if you’re not interested in the Spa 4/10

Mount Juliet
Rooms - 8/10
Service - 7/10
Spa Facilities 4/10
Restaurant 10/10
Breakfast 8/10
Things to do if you’re not interested in the Spa 7/10

Cliff House
Haven’t been but reports suggest 10/10 for food.
Fantastic location, and loads of things to do close by (Cliff walk, republican graveyard, good pubs in Ardmore)

Park Hotel Kenmare
Rooms - 8/10
Service - 9/10
Spa Facilities 7/10
Restaurant 8/10
Breakfast 9/10
Things to do if you’re not interested in the Spa 8/10[/QUOTE]

Stick to the biscuits Fran, you’re out of your depth here

I also find @Fran reliable when it comes to restaurant recommendations.

Agreed. But had I mentioned that it would have devalued the point I was trying to make.

Ardmore is a fairly staunch spot, @TheUlteriorMotive. Don’t let them get it into their heads that you might be a fifth columnist.

[ATTACH=full]1296[/ATTACH]

Please revert back to my ‘’ Dirty Weekend Away Thread " ye cunts.

[QUOTE=“Fran, post: 951057, member: 110”]

The gardens are nice but the paddocks are basically a couple of fields[/QUOTE]

What the fuck are you meant to do in the paddocks over the weekend? Strip graze it with the missus?