How long more are we going to have to wait for the banks to be filleted?

That’s bullshit

AIB are getting an awful lot of criticism but what people need to remember is that they’re only 99.8% state owned.

Unconditional trust.

FFS runt.

The bankers and so called auditors who ruined this country are ganging up on me.

I see that the redundancy from this utterly broke institution is being capped at a miserly €125,000. How dreadful. :rolleyes:

No paycut for the overpaid mongs who are left behind of course. I suppose why would you cut bankers on the state payroll when you can just cut teachers and nurses?

How does the HSE package compare to the AIB one

you would hope its a lot better-both statutory bodies-one where employees save lives the other where employees ruin the nation

Cut nursing jobs and then replace them with Comfort Keepers minimum wage jobs and publicise this news as a great boost to the country with lots of new jobs being created by indigenous industries.

Well where the entity is 100% state owned as public sector is there is no prospect of pay cuts, or forced job losses. Unfortunately for AIB thy are only 98.8% state owned so they cannot avail of the Croke Park protection.

I’d wonder how many HSE employees that are being made redundant actually saves lives vs push paper around their desk all day

bankers that enjoyed the fruits of the Cltic tiger & RUINED us now want state protection-spare me your bullshit-their 1000’s upon 1000’s of euros bonuses should keep them happy
none of the hse staff are as culpable as the greedy bankers for the crisis we are in-therefore they should get more

You’ll at least be relieved to hear that you’re probably wrong about that one anyway SS.

Eh? Ever hear of the pension levy, dan? Thousands of teachers and nurses were decimated with that while your waster mates in AIB etc were dining out in BANG.

I have one mate in AIB, he bought a new car last week. Tell me more.

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER, post: 535539”]

Eh? Ever hear of the pension levy, dan? Thousands of teachers and nurses were decimated with that while your waster mates in AIB etc were dining out in BANG.

I have one mate in AIB, he bought a new car last week. Tell me more.[/quote]

Here, what’s your fucking problem? You call for people to be fired from the bank. Then when they’re fired you find fault with that process. Then you call for something else, and when that happens you find fault again. Your attitude here fucking sickens me. 2500 people who had no fault in causing this mess will be out of work and you want to stick the knife in a bit more. All well and good for you with your cushy number paid for out of taxpayers funds. I’m fucking seething with your attitude.

Shannonsider won’t be happy until everyone who ever used an AIB atm is on a boat to Australia.

Boat?

I’m a bit taken aback with that unnecessary personalised attack, Mac. Voluntary redundancies are a lifestyle choice. I don’t think there should be excessive sympathy here, taking a lump sum will suit lots of people in there. The bank is insolvent, any sort of redundancy is a result in the circumstances. A €125,000 redundancy cap for a company that is in the hole for billions is excessive. Any other employer in a similar situation would plead an inability to pay so I think these people are quite lucky. I’m surprised your concern for the taxpayer doesn’t extend to the exchequer trimming down a bank that had ballooned to huge proportions to reflect the new reality.

You never told me how the HSE package compared to the AIB one. When you stop frothing at the mouth you might comment on that please.

[quote=“dancarter, post: 535544”]

You never told me how the HSE package compared to the AIB one. When you stop frothing at the mouth you might comment on that please.[/quote]

Sure why would he indulge in detail Dan when he can quote hyperbole?

Why the comparison with the HSE? I think a comparison with the Vita Cortex workers would be far more appropriate given they’re two broke companies. Two weeks statutory for the lads in Vita…

:rolleyes: