How long more are we going to have to wait for the banks to be filleted?

Sure the HSE is as much of a broke entity as Vita Cortex and AIB.

The government didn’t buy 99.8% of VC either I don’t think?

That’s like saying the defence forces are broke, dan. These are necessary public services. AIB is a commercial entity that has been bailed out. You want bankers to be treated like public servants now?

It’s not a necessary public service to pay redundancies though?

theyb should get the statutory redundancy from the dept of social protection-aib cant afford to pay anything

+1

Private company goes tits up. Thats all they should get. Fact of life.

In an act of sheer defiance and in the interest of taking a stand against corporate greed, I parked in this fellas usual spot this morning despite the car park being practically empty when I arrived.

We’re lucky SS is in Cheltenham tonight as he would be seething with rage at the BOI annual report.

What are the headline outrage items? I saw a headline about Boucher’s pay but didn’t have a chance to read.

Proper cunts. Im lucky enough to have a job and im seething. Where the fcuk is this going to stop?

Ya I was on about Bouchers pay.

He got €813,000 despite being subject to a salary cap of €500k

I love the way BOI were asked, as a measure of goodwill considering the five billion injected into their coffers to return historic Grattan’s Parliament to the state, which was shut down following the Act of Union, to be used for the cultural enrichment of its people and as a potential gallery space for the artistic genius of this island.

Their answer? No. :lol:

These guys still run the country, there is a beautiful irony on them refusing to hand the parliament back to the people.

all they do to get around the paycap, is to give a load of other payments and call them something else, some bullshit, David Murphy was on drive time explaining it, they are just taking the piss, boucher is taking the piss, I’m seething

Bank Of Ireland have just trotted out the line that his “core pay” didn’t exceed €500,000.

These cunts are just on a different planet. Fillet them. Fillet them now! (except the people I know working there).

SS - a mate of mine has voluntarily left AIB rather than hang around and wait for redundancy. I’d like to think the drunken abuse I gave him made up of most of your posts on this thread paid a part in his decision.

:lol:

Give em hell Mac.

[size=3]For the luvajaysus…[/size]

24 bank officials earning over €250,000

GORDON DEEGAN
SOME 24 banking officials at the rescued AIB and EBS financial institutions are earning a base salary in excess of €250,000 per annum, Minister for Finance Michael Noonan has revealed.
Mr Noonan confirmed the figure to Fianna Fáil’s Éamon Ó Cuív in a written Dáil reply, ruling out seeking pay reductions from the high-earning bank staff at the now-combined State-owned institutions in line with pay ceilings in place at semi-State companies and for senior public service posts.
AIB is currently seeking 2,500 redundancies, and Mr Ó Cuív said yesterday he was “shocked” at the number of people earning more than €250,000 at AIB.
The former Fianna Fáil minister said “the Government must now move as quickly as legally possible to ensure that the public service pay cap is enforced at AIB, and make sure that any new entrants don’t earn beyond that public service pay cap”.
The Government currently has in place a pay ceiling of €250,000 at semi-State companies and a €200,000 pay cap in the public sector. It has a pay ceiling of €500,000 for chief executives at State-owned banks.
Mr Noonan said the number earning more than €250,000 in 2008 at AIB and EBS had been 33.
Last month, AIB – 99.8 per cent owned by the State – reported an after-tax loss of €2.3 billion for last year. However, Mr Noonan has ruled out seeking any pay reduction among AIB or EBS staff.
While accepting “that a salary of €250,000 is a considerable amount of money to pay an individual”, Mr Noonan said: “My objective is to support remuneration levels which . . . are balanced and sufficient at all levels across the organisation in the current market to attract, motivate and retain the type of experience and talent which is required to achieve its objectives – the primary one being to protect and enhance the value for the exchequer in relation to the substantial investment made by the State.”

I was in the main BOI branch in Limerick there at lunch time and I see they have replaced at least half of the cashier windows with various lodgement and withdrawal machines. The former cashiers are now out on the floor directing people on how to use the machines.

Yeah, they were installed across certain branches in Galway in Feb/March. A great addition.

Noonan: ‘I’m powerless to tackle bankers’ pay & perks’

‘A hard bastard with a hide like a rhino’ - Shane Ross on Bank of Ireland chief Richie Boucher

These kunts still running the country.

Richie looked the politicians in the eye…and never blinked. Top man the Bouch :ireland: