How many all Ireland's in a row will jp buy?

east cork (except aghada) - south central city, north city and small parts of north cork (around Kanturk) for the hurling anyway

east cork - only aghada for the football
west cork for the football

All in one side in the town of Fermoy

They are actually punching above their weight when you look at it like that.

Cork is protestant county in love with the Queen. Its a wonder they do anything at all GAA wise.

2 Likes

West Cork is largely football but underachieves

The Big city clubs have declined largely down to demographics

Soccer has grown hugely in Cork city and county over the past 30 years .

sure there are 4 or 5 different league associations - iā€™d say many, many hundreds of clubs

And still not a decent footballer to come out of there either. Cork is finished.

I wouldnā€™t think hurling is too strong in limerick either in many areas. Players are plucked by the academies at 12/13 and their development from there on has little to do with the clubs. The likes of ncw, Mungret and monaleen should be doing better. Nap, Patrickwell, doon and Kilmallock have a conveyor belt of young lads joining the under age county squads every year so itā€™s inevitable they are very strong senior sides.

If the academy was pulled tomorrow in limerick I reckon hurling would be in dire straights in around the county within ten years.

Ringmahon Rangers the no.1 schoolboys soccer club in the country atm.

The Barrs seem to be on the way back though. 5 players on the pitch for the county mins/u21s last week. Theyve been beyond useless at hurling for nearly 30 yrs.

We better all pray for JPs continued prosperity so.

Its quite hard to comprehend that considering the club having stalwarts like JBM, Donal O Grady, and John Allen. I heard a story of how DOG was approached to manage senior team couple of years ago and declined but took up a role with another club where he would get a few bob for his services. I think Ronan Curran is over them now.

So one club asked him to do it for nothing, and he went to the club who offered him a few bob?

A profit is never recognised in his homeland

12 Likes

20 years ago you wouldnā€™t have found a hurley not to mention a hurler in Kanturk. Kanturk and its hinterland was all football. Now every underage hurling team has one from there.
The traditional strong area in North Cork was Ballyhea and a bit around places like Tullylease.

That was my understanding. It didnā€™t sit well with a couple of Barrs lads but maybe they thought he should have done it out of the goodness of his heart. That doesnā€™t butter any parsnips though.

The Barrs are some cunts all the same.

1 Like

Thereā€™s two more in this Limerick team at a minimumā€¦ Going out winning them is a different story. If we put all the internet speak to one side I think most Limerick fans would be happy to be serious contenders on any given campaignā€¦ For long enough we could barely win a gameā€¦ Obviously you want to make hay with this team but as long as we maintain what weā€™ve been doing at underage and bringing through good solid young players weā€™ll be in a good place.

4 Likes

Thats total nonsense. DOG rolled up his sleeves and got involved underage and is driving the thing on. The rest of them are pretty useless to the club tbh. JBM had a bit role with the minors

Take out the big 4 in limerick and club hurling is poor in limerick. Thing is a combined team of those 4 would beat most county teams. Miles better than any team in Cork.

1 Like