How many all Ireland's in a row will jp buy?

wait until Monaleen and Mungret get motoring.

2 Likes

My father had cousins who hurled with Mungret. Played underage with Limerick (1980s) and might have got a few runs senior. They grew up around Ballyclough where the golf course is. Thatā€™s a serious spread if Mungret can get players from out there. Would that also be catchment area for South Liberties?

Crecora, Old Christians, Mungret and the mighty Ballinacura are all fighting left right and centre for players around there. The numbers are huge.

Are Mungret hurling senior at all? One of the fatherā€™s cousins definitely played senior with Limerick but I dunno if his twin brother did. Who else have they from there? Begley was Mungret wasnā€™t he? And the skinnier Bulfin lad from college

Itā€™s time for you to close your mouth you fucking idiot.

Too soft.
You canā€™t buy grit.

I reckon both twins played for Limerick in league/challenge games. One may have subbed into senior championship. Hardy boys, I played against them at the end of their careers. I think that wider family had a long association with the club. The area around Ballyclough is fairly open territory for the clubs

CK and DK? Their mother was a grand Tipp woman (grand aunt of mine).

Too many townies?

West Cork is rugby country now

2 Likes

Fall between two stools, none of the guile of townies and none of the mullocking of country lads.

The vast majority of the team (and panel)are 24-26 which is brilliant for the next 4 or 5 years and ye have the capability to win at least 2 more in that period. The difficulty will come at the end of that phase though as you may not be inclined to blood younger players until the golden generation are on the wane.

Did you see the minors v Cork at the weekend?

A good result to be fair. Just what Limerick need too as those U17ā€™s could be ripe to filter through in a few years time. Ye have a couple of quiet enough years recently at U20 I think did ye? Munster Minor champions last year?

Yeah , the 20s have been quiet since the change from u21 but I have a theory about that.
When the academy was set up, it was obviously set up with the then underage structure in mind. I genuinely dont think thereā€™s a huge difference between u17 and u18 level. However the difference between u20 and u21 can be and is significant, particularly in terms of physicality. I think it has taken Limerick a couple of years to adjust and may take one or two more. Thatā€™s just my opinion mind. Personally I thought it was extremely obvious at the weekend just gone. If you compare that team physically with the u21s from 17, there is a huge difference.

Yes. One of them is now a weekly golfing partner to a neighbour.

An absolute bandit Iā€™d say :rofl:

Nice lads. Absolute rogues though.

1 Like

Kilmallock was a garrison town too. Kilmallock has 14 Limerick senior titles between hurling and football.

Limerick was a garrison city and they have 2 of the last 3 AIs.

1 Like

Just need to start injections a year earlier