How many all Ireland's in a row will jp buy?

As your genuinely curious, its an honest one.

Numbers refers to Commercial and population aspects as well as the stats now governing the game.
In short KK have not evolved and in some ways they can’t.

Is this corks longest ever famine ?

It will be if they don’t win the final. They went 16 years between 1903-19 without winning one too.

The longer, the fucking better

8 Likes

In fairness they made some amount of hay when the sun shone but hard to see an All-Ireland title in their immediate future. Cody did well to mine 2 Leinster finals out of them the past 2 years. He will always have them super competitive but the same talent doesn’t seem to coming through at the moment and even TJ is finally beginning to look his age.

1 Like

Kilkenny have won 73 Leinster titles, that’s a good few more than the number of everyone else combined.

Wexford have won 4 in the last 45 years, Dublin 1 in the last 60 years and have beaten Kilkenny just once since 1941. Offaly the one county who pushed Kilkenny for the two decades or so before Cody took over winning 9 have been operating in the second and third tier competitions in recent years. Winning Leinster for Kilkenny even at such a low ebb is more or less a given. Galway should certainly have won a few more Leinster’s over the last decade but have contrived to get themselves eliminated by Dublin in 2 of the last 3 years.

Kilkenny have taken some very bad beatings and has had some bad second half collapses over the last 5 or 6 years in the business end of the knockout stages. The conveyor belt at the moment, is not what it was for sure and there has been a steady trickle of retirements of great players. Could staleness and the need for a fresh new voice in the dressing room be a contributing factor as well?

Cody got an on paper very average kk team to

1. Leinster champions
  2. Within a whisker of an AIF.
    Anyone thinking anybody could do better is in Dreamland in my honest opinion.
    Id have him at Galway over anyone else.
    He gets the absolute best from what’s available.
8 Likes

You’re worse than Tom Dempsey or Duignan for brown nosing Cody and Kilkenny.

1 Like

I am in agreement with most of that but might it be time for a changing of the guard nonetheless

It is not as is Kilkenny dont have a few potential successors

Not kk. Cody. I’m on the record here as despising the cunts, but lads turning on Cody are laughable. Half his team wouldn’t make the Waterford panel.
Kk, much as I hate the stripey fuckers, are admirable.
Their supporters are far nicer than the nouveau riche

Their supporters are the worst cunts going by a long way

9 Likes

And that’s a fact.

You need to get out more.
The worst supporters actually are Tyrone football. Always bring a level of EPL / football championship menace to the occasion.

Hurling kilkenny
Football Meath

Armagh football are utter cunts. One all ireland in 2002 and thought they were the dogs bollox for years.

2 Likes

What I love about Cody, as much as his success, is that he’d never dream about managing another county. Kilkenny lads will run through brick walls for him. Our clowns would try and educate him, fuck sake, could you imagine it :smile:

5 Likes

Not at all. One of the best supported teams during the 70s and 80s when they were winning fuck all - brought great crowds to the likes of away games in Kerry ad Cork for league games during these years. Aside from 2002 they won 7 ultra competitive Ulsters from 1999 to 2008. Fine team and some great looking fans!

1 Like

We would have destroyed them in a replay, the poor bastsrds were flahed.

The one thing I’d say about Kilkenny is in the last few years in the really big games, they’ve tended to try and go out and blow teams away, but have tended to fade after that:

2019 AI SF. Mighty first half v Limerick. Clinging on at real end.
2019 AI final. Great first 15 or so v Tipp. Tipp leading by HT.
2020 AI SF. Waterford do them in the second half
2021 AI SF. Great start v Cork but again, clawed back very quickly. This one a bit of an anomaly in that they did make a comeback at the end.

1 Like

Just on that, I said in other thread that Coleman was exceptional yesterday but was bang average in other matches. Well organised teams play around the sweeper. The fact that Kilkenny hit traditional long ball after long ball brought out the best in Coleman. This would be my biggest criticism of Cody and his management team. Its all well and good bringing fire, passion and workrate but there was a clear lack of any discernable pattern of play. That wont get you very far in modern game.

4 Likes