How many all Ireland's in a row will jp buy?

Derek McGrath would sort those gaps in defence

Serendipitously

Cody’s a fierce man for the mask outdoors. I wouldn’t have had him down as an under the bed frightened by Claire Byrne type.

1 Like

I said the very same to a lad today. He’s not the Brian of old. We’ve seen the best of him I think. I think he’ll jack it in soon.

He’s trying to set an example I’d say

1 Like

Serious sign of weakness by Kilkenny management wearing the black face nappies.

The rebels were fearless of the covid threat.

1 Like

That’s probably true and he’s 67 with a heart condition

3 Likes

Hmm. He may be well advised to steer clear of the Galway job then.

3 Likes

Kingston was sharing bottles with the players. Saw a clip where he took a swig from a Ballygowan bottle and then threw it in to a player.

1 Like

Ballygowan and ishka water bottles in croke park. Advantage Limerick

1 Like

Cody and Kilkenny are like a long term relationship that’s gone stale with no sex or excitement and neither want to give the other up due to codependency even though both know it’s not healthy.

From the outside looking in,Apart from the S&C what actual expertise is in there? Is it yes men that he’s surrounded by? Because from what Ive been seeing over the last few years is an absolute pig ignorant refusal to go with the times as regards style of play.Throw in an auld half arsed effort of heads up hurling in an odd league game to keep lads quiet and then revert to type.
Cody isn’t stupid but the definition of stupidity is doing the same old same old over and over again and expecting a different result.

People keep saying that the players aren’t there,I’d suggest the players are there and maybe it’s the set up that isn’t up to scratch.What would be the harm at this stage in bringing in a new crew with fresh ideas and no baggage and giving them a go instead of everyone waiting till the inevitable announcement in November about himself staying on for another year and all the usual crew blowing smoke up his ass and probably laughing when no one is looking.
It’s gone fierce boring,stale and flaccid.
Divorce time.

6 Likes

Saw that too. We might have to demand a replay…

Five. As predicted by Ciaran Carey.

Reasonable estimate. Less taxing on the body than football no reason they couldnt match the Dubs

Ah lads… Have ye watched back the match? I’ve no doubt they are as good a team as I’ve ever seen but Cork didn’t turn up… At all.

You’ve a long break ahead with looser covid restrictions so Kiely will find it a bit tougher to keep lads on the straight and narrow. You’ve another year’s footage of Limericks style to be analysed.

I suspect they’ll do 3 in a row but a game of hurling can be turned on its head quite quickly so talks of 5 in a row is ridiculous in my opinion.

12 Likes

Limerick are very, very good (as 3 titles in 4 years would suggest) but Cork kinda froze after an ok start. Got dragged all over the place by Limerick tactically and had a meltdown from puck outs.

1 Like

Will extra games in round robin next year potentially hinder Limerick any? (Of course they won that way in 2’18)

1 Like

I always said I’d be happy with one. So this is dreamland. I agree, no point talking about 4 or 5 in a row. Three in a row would put them in the very top echelon of all time. But it requires keeping all the management team together and keeping all the players hungry, which is no easy task.

Galway, Tipp and Cork have to rebuild now but they have young players to do so and hurling is a young mans game now. Limerick basically built this team from scratch in two seasons, so it’s very doable.

Waterford with those injured back in the side will be a very different proposition as well.

Hard to see where it’s coming from for KK or Wexford.

Clare on their day will be a tough prospect for anyone as well

We are rightly short favourites for next season after that, but it only takes one off day in a semi or final for it to go wrong. That’s why there are so few back to back winners, nevermind three in row or four in a row winners.

2 Likes

Well it will certainly be an advantage to say Galway vs any Munster team who will have the shite bate out of them for 4 rounds.