How many all Ireland's in a row will jp buy?

Think he said minors .

What does in both grades mean then?

In Camoige?

So you’ve clarified you changed your opinion this summer- no problem. You’ve also said they should have lost to Limerick in 14, Galway last year and Waterford this. I’m just wondering why you didn’t think that at the time, in relation to 14 & 15?

I predicted a KK win as Tipperary invariably empty the togs vs them. Despite the emphatic nature of the win on Sunday I’d still give a declining KK a better chance of winning next year’s championship than Chip.

:smile:

2 Likes

I fully expected Kilkenny to beat Limerick in 2014. They did, but on the balance of what transpired over that game, it was a game that Limerick could and probably should have won.

As regards Galway last year, Galway outhurled Kilkenny in the first half, possibly even should have had a match winning lead by half time, but never came out for the second half.

I predicted Waterford to beat Kilkenny in both draw and replay this year. I was obviously wrong but having been at both games saw enough of Kilkenny to conclude that they would be hammered in the final.

Aren’t the 14, 15 & 16’s split into divisions?

Yes but with that hindsight knowledge of Limerick and Galway, why then did you think Kilkenny would 8 of the next 10 All-Irelands a mere 12 months ago?

I can hereby exclusively reveal the winners until 2025.

2017: Clare
2018: Tipperary
2019: Waterford
2020: Tipperary
2021: Waterford
2022: Cork
2023: Limerick
2024: Cork
2025: Kilkenny

1 Like

So 2023 is our year? I’ll take it

cork underage set up is in rude health again. They’ve the population and tradition. It will take 2-3 seasons to get it right but once they do they’ll fly past the Mickey Mouse counties like Limerick, Dublin etc in the next two seasons and after that you are left with a poor kk team, Galway and tipp. Cork will rise again.

Fuck all point wasting money on shit teams Kev ffs. The winning teams on the way up are already being treated like royalty. Cork are rising they’ll be right back in the mix by 2018.

Your county man seemed quite adamant Cork are fucked bro

:laughing: that simpleton? Take no notice of his tripe. The Limerick minor teams were blessed to scrape by cork the past five years. Of those minor/21s the best players of both groups are Kingston and Coleman. By a country mile. Cork are miles ahead of Limerick between 14s-16s the past two seasons also. Tbh there isn’t a whole pile between the senior sides at the moment only cork know their place and don’t have 1000s of delusional supporters that think they are going to win the all Ireland every year.

I fear Kingston has lost some pace due to injuries and Coleman is great going forward but less going backwards. No ballwinners or natural defenders coming through. Cork are down for a long while yet.

Also lets get something very clear. Under 21 success is no barometer of how good your underage system is. Its an irrelevant competition that I liken to international football. Teams have little time together with players on numerous other panels etc and often weaker counties go on a run after their senior teams are knocked of the championship. It’s also knockout which means theirs a lot more chances for upsets. Minor is far and away a better indicator of what state your underage set up is in.

You’re never going to give up on this Clare thing are you sid?

No real argument there, but its a fine competition nonetheless. Also, its not like a few U14/15/16 blitzes are much of a barometer either. A hape of chaps fucked onto a bus at 6 in the morning and fired out onto a field in Waterford to hurl a few mini games.

So its the next eight to Munster with all five of its representatives getting at least one.

Sidney

Can you crystal ball tell us who will be managing said winners.