Hungover in work

Have you told them that you have your own caravan?

Any pics of the scummer? I think the members of TFK should be allowed to see her.

Anyone ever do anything questionable in work when pissed?

Rocko fired a laptop at my head in our former place of employment and I ducked under it rather than catching it as I had my hands in my pockets and it was arrowing straight for my forehead.

We used to go to the pub beside work on Friday evenings and leave our jackets and stuff in the office. We’d come out of the pub hammered at about midnight and swipe back in with our cards to collect our jackets before heading up town.

This night we were absolutely fooked and there was about 4 of us up there and then next thing this lapdancer was lying mangled on the ground. We were so hammered we debated bringing it out with us and firing it in a skip or in the river but the cctv footage might have implicated us!

It was more complicated by the fact Rocko was in a different job at this stage and shouldn’t have been back on the premises. In the end we were blessed that the lapdancer Rocko broke belonged to a girl who happened to be leaving 2 weeks later.

I approached her first thing on the Monday morning and 'fessed up and she was cool. I said I’d take the blame ‘for knocking it over when I was moving files’ and she went along with it (despite this other, ugly mess telling her we didn’t deserve any sympathy and she should report what we did to her manager) and luckily again for us she’d saved the work she was doing around that time on the server and hadn’t lost any material.

So next thing, this IT geek comes down after I rang him up to report a ‘broken laptop’ and he takes one look at it and then one look at me and I’m just sitting there expressionless as if to say ‘what’s the problem?’ even though the lapper was broken in two, the screen was cracked and wires were coming out of the keyboard.

Gas stuff.

PS: I also pissed in a flower pot in there one other night.

In old job I remember a fella coming in hammered with his teeshirt on inside out. It was lunchtime before he realised. No-one had the heart to tell him!

A guy I work with now came in hammered again one morning and started firing darts around the place at peoples desks “just for a bit of craic”.

I was thinking about that story the other day and told it to Mrs Rock who I hadn’t told at the time. There were 4 of us in there at the time I think and 1 of them was definitely going to rat us out if the news broke that there’d been laptop carnage going on so that was why we needed to 'fess up. I recall we meticulously rearranged the scene before leaving and we wrapped the power cord for the laptop around a chair and then pulled that chair back away from the desk and we knocked the laptop off the desk just to see how it would fall. Basically tried to recreate a scene where someone had moved a chair back and because the power cord was entagled in the leg of the chair it had caused the laptop to fall. It didn’t cover the fact that the laptop was pure mangled though and had clearly been hurled at someone or something.

I remember the other time when we were boozing outside the pub and we took our boss’ laptop and hid it in the bushes when he went to get a round of drinks. 5 hours later we were pissed and inside and had long forgotten the deed until he went to go home and couldn’t find his laptop. Tried to keep him busy for a while while Bandage went outside and returned a couple of minutes later with leaves and branches in his hair and the laptop in his hand. Boss just laughed - he was happy enough to get it back at all.

And if I hadn’t found the lapper out in the bushes we weren’t going to say anything and he would just have assumed somebody had stolen it in the pub. The area with the trees, shrubbery, bushes and what not was about 10 x 10 feet and it was pitch black dark and I more or less stumbled into it as I couldn’t see a thing. Funny alright when I came back in with the lapper and covered in crap.

In my old job one of the lads came in hammered one day after been out all night. He decided to go into the canteen (where you have to pay for food) and proceed to rob as much food as he could. He came back out to us and pulled out 2 mangled jam bons out of his pocket and gleefully pronounced: “I’m on the rob!”

I just remembered that I also slept in the boardroom in work one Friday night. That’s pretty mad shit. Got outrageously hammered as I was finishing up work ahead of a summer’s study leave in 2004 and went back into the office to grab my jacket. Somehow decided that resting up for a while in one of the comfy chairs in the boardroom would be a good idea and woke up the next morning slouched down in one of them at about 8.30am. Found my keys on the corridor and my phone on the ground in the jacks.

Having got 2 hours sleep Saturday night and 2 hours last night, I should be more hungover today than I actually am. Maybe my body is able for this drinking lark after all.

Sweet jaysus I’m a glutten for punishment. Went back to Enniscorthy last night to vote and decided I’d meet herself in Gorey for the night. Ended up out till all hours and had to drive back up this morning still half cut. Made it from Gorey to Maynooth in 1 hour 20 mins with a pitstop in Arklow for breakfast and diesel. Thats a new record for me!

The headache has just hit me. Its gonna be a long day…

I used to always do the day sunday sessions but stopped for the last 2months. Cant handle the hangovers any more. A new supervisor started at work and hes a rite coont, the old super never went near me on a monday as he knew I was fit for nothin with my big sweaty red face and farts like teargas comin outa me.

Any of ye boyos get the bad stomach the next day? I can never eat a thing lately and doesnt seem to matter if I had 5 or 15, I’d be as bad after both. Any cures out there from the pros as a matter of chance

[quote=“balloobasluvsbeer”]I used to always do the day sunday sessions but stopped for the last 2months. Cant handle the hangovers any more. A new supervisor started at work and hes a rite coont, the old super never went near me on a monday as he knew I was fit for nothin with my big sweaty red face and farts like teargas comin outa me.

Any of ye boyos get the bad stomach the next day? I can never eat a thing lately and doesnt seem to matter if I had 5 or 15, I’d be as bad after both. Any cures out there from the pros as a matter of chance[/quote]

im a hoor for the super sundays myself…probably the main reason i started getting serious with the soccer club in the last couple of years…sundays are always way more chilled and there is never a panic on with drink(i.e fellas wanting to go on shorts early etc)

as for the stomach it depends if im drinking cider then the stomach will be boiled off me while if its heineken the head will be boiled off me(and a severe dose of cotton mouth)…anyone else on here drink bacardi…started drinking it hard 6 months ago and can drink nothing else…i get little or no hangover off it compared to vodka or if i was drinking cider pernod and blackcurrnet…

ill have to try bacardi, I do die after everything. Can drink barrells of cider but have a boomer of a head and heartburn the next day. Heineken Bud and Carlsberg are piss in Galway city where I’d mostly be. Drinkin Bud these days though, I used to love the guinness but alas its shit in most places too.
Went through a phase of drinkin the foreign beers Tiger, Staropramen, Budvar etc which are the best I reckon except a lot of spots dont do them and then I’d end up mixing like fook, being absoloutely balloobas and dyin 7deaths the next day. U just cant win!!

Worth bumping this as I’m suffering today. Pints at the gig last night and then onto fuckin Dandelion of all places (cunt of a fuckin place). Christmas party tonight and then another party at home tomorrow night. The Christmas season is starting to swing into gear.

How could you spoil a great gig like OCS by heading to fucking Dandelion afterwards. What a shithole.

Was in Flannerys and D2 myself last night. If that wasn’t good enough once D2 closed belted across the road to Coppers.

10 euro in for about a half hour. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Proximity to the luas was the deciding factor. Plus it was led more by herself than me. Won’t be going back there any time soon. Full of people who think they’re someone when in reality they’ve probably got some paper pushing job in a bank or the civil service that requires them to wear a suit and feel like they’re important. Cunts.

The staff are the worst thing about that place. I am giving you 6 quid for a pint the least you could do is give me a bit of respect. Shower of cunts.

worst pub in dublin, no doubt

Dandelion’s an awful place. Was in there a few Fridays ago but luckily enough I was that pissed when I arrived that I can’t recall being ripped off every time I went to the bar. Just read this thread from the front - 'twas started by Mac the morning after Celtic sealed the league last May. Ah, lovely.

Not quite hungover but got that shaky feeling you get after 2 to 3 solid days / nights drinking. If I wasn’t in work I’d probably go to the off licence to try and drink my way out of it.