Hunting & other rural pursuits

I see over 2,000 people attended a meeting in Trim last night to organise a campaign of protest against the Green Party plans to outlaw Stag Hunting in the new year.

They are talking about staging a protest in January and bringing their dogs and horses to Stephens Green. The hunt will have the support of the majority of people involved in rural pursuits (fishing, shooting, coursing, trout tickling) as they see this as the Greens first step in outlawing all of these practices and should be able to bring a huge crowd to the Dail.

I don’t really hunt myself, and haven’t much time for the “horsey” hunting crowd, but have gone out with the foot beagles a few times and it is a great way to spend a Saturday morning in Winter. Fuck the Greens.

I’m all for saying fuck the greens, but fuck those shower of horsey cunts who run rampant through your land without even fucking asking for permission. This is quite the conundrum for me.

Ah MBB, you should be opposing the Greens on this, sure you can always deal with the local lads on the horses at a local level. I think the Greens want to outlaw Laois club hurling as well.

if they take this from us what have we left?

fuck the greens!

[quote=“HBV*”]if they take this from us what have we left?

fuck the greens![/quote]

:confused:

Thats a valid point, but I really do dislike those horsey shower of bastards.

[quote=“HBV*”]if they take this from us what have we left?

fuck the greens![/quote]

With all due respect, fuck the greens.

Fuck the greens is right.

They have been trying to wreck coursing for the last few years with Gormley playing silly beggars over the netting licence each year, and only for the rural TD’s told him to go and shite for himself he would have had coursing in this bill as well.

The cunts wouldnt allow rivers to be dredged, for fear of disturbing fish, and then half the country gets flooded.

As I partake in shooting, fishing and coursing, and have no problems with our local hunt, who always make sure its ok before they arrive, I again re-itirate, fuck the grrens.

[quote=“HangBlaa”]Fuck the greens is right.

They have been trying to wreck coursing for the last few years with Gormley playing silly beggars over the netting licence each year, and only for the rural TD’s told him to go and shite for himself he would have had coursing in this bill as well.

The cunts wouldnt allow rivers to be dredged, for fear of disturbing fish, and then half the country gets flooded.

As I partake in shooting, fishing and coursing, and have no problems with our local hunt, who always make sure its ok before they arrive, I again re-itirate, fuck the grrens.[/quote]

Fuck the greens.

Although I must say I’m not in favour of dredging the rivers. Especially not in the ham fisted manner it was done in the past. My local river used to be a great Salmon fishery until a dredging project back in the 70’s made shit of the spawning beds. It’s only now the river is starting to come good again and still has a good bit to go.

I couldn’t give a shit about hunting really but:

1. didn’t like the cut of a couple of those lads outside the Dil the other day in all their gear. That’s not really selling hardship to me in your blazers and all…

2. I do think it’ll end with coursing as the ultimate thing to ban. I’ve never been to (or even seen) a coursing event but see the merit in it. The Greens will definitely go after it though.

This is exactly how I feel, horsey cunts. It all boils down to one thing though, FUCK THE GREENS!

I hope frog hunting isn’t affected.

[quote=“The Runt”]I see over 2,000 people attended a meeting in Trim last night to organise a campaign of protest against the Green Party plans to outlaw Stag Hunting in the new year.

They are talking about staging a protest in January and bringing their dogs and horses to Stephens Green. The hunt will have the support of the majority of people involved in rural pursuits (fishing, shooting, coursing, trout tickling) as they see this as the Greens first step in outlawing all of these practices and should be able to bring a huge crowd to the Dail.

I don’t really hunt myself, and haven’t much time for the “horsey” hunting crowd, but have gone out with the foot beagles a few times and it is a great way to spend a Saturday morning in Winter. Fuck the Greens.[/quote]

Going with the beagles is some laugh, had one myself for a couple of years, they are a great dog, if a little mad.

Greens in Ireland are a joke, end of. Personally i think the horsey crowd are bang on. They are nothing but good craic out my way, are well up for a party and carry a few nice women with them. I suppose Horses in general is such a big thing where i’m from it crosses alot of brackets, the rich crowd, the farmers, the GAA people are well into it, its a good mix.

But i can also see how them belting across your land with out permission would be rude and annoying.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]Going with the beagles is some laugh, had one myself for a couple of years, they are a great dog, if a little mad.

Greens in Ireland are a joke, end of. Personally i think the horsey crowd are bang on. They are nothing but good craic out my way, are well up for a party and carry a few nice women with them. I suppose Horses in general is such a big thing where i’m from it crosses alot of brackets, the rich crowd, the farmers, the GAA people are well into it, its a good mix.

But i can also see how them belting across your land with out permission would be rude and annoying.[/quote]

Not doubting that Kev but they destroy farmers land for profit and give nothing in return.

Fuck you hunting Stag, Fuck you!

Hey, i’m not doubting ye either, its just they don’t cause hassle around me. I think though that there is someone involved from every bit of land owned around us, half the fellas around us are farmers who are stuck in the horses in some way, and we have 4 Horse Riding schools in the parish, so there is a common acceptance of it all i’d say.

:smiley: :clap:

if they go on your land without permission thats bang out of order alright and while it may have been common in the past i doubt it goes on these days to be honest.
you might get a few renegades who might go their own way if left behind but in my experience landowners must be onside, especially in this day and age with insurance and so on, most are well run by now id say.

spent manys the cold day walking after them re building the walls and they were great days followed by great evenings in the pub and if you were lucky youd get a young horsey wan still in her jodphurs and still mad a for a ride to round things off

1 Like

[quote=“HBV*”]if they go on your land without permission thats bang out of order alright and while it may have been common in the past i doubt it goes on these days to be honest.
you might get a few renegades who might go their own way if left behind but in my experience landowners must be onside, especially in this day and age with insurance and so on, most are well run by now id say.

spent manys the cold day walking after them re building the walls and they were great days followed by great evenings in the pub and if you were lucky youd get a young horsey wan still in her jodphurs and still mad a for a ride to round things off[/quote]

It happens alright HBV the father had to make the land a sanctury to stop it and the county hounds still came in and destroyed the place last Janurary

By the way the fella who is hunt master over the Limerick county hounds is the biggest most ignorant cunt around.

they are obviously cunts, a few roles of barbed wire to protect your property would sort them, just let them know in advance though.