Hunting & other rural pursuits

I had a wee dram of some plum poitin last night. I bottled it two years ago. Absolutely glorious. Had a wonderful 8.5 hr sleep after, which may or may not be coincidental.

1 Like

Talk to me. Iā€™ve poitĆ­n there. Whatā€™s the particulars?

1 Like

Same as Sloe Gin or Blackberry Whiskey. Wash and dry the fruit. Make sure its good and ripe. Pop into the freezer for a few hours to soften the skin. Into a kilner jar with sugar and booze. Then wait for a few months. Decant through a double muslin and bottle. Reuse the boozy fruit in deserts.

3 Likes

I think itā€™s the poitin part that deserves explanation

Iā€™m getting giddy here thinking about the bonfire this evening. Three tyres, heaps of plastic, cardboard, miscellaneous rubbish and something I havenā€™t burned before, insulated plasterboard.

Supposedly you get a great thick black smoke off of the insulation.

The way I look at it Iā€™m saving the planet from the scourge of landfill, not clogging up the roads with the trailer on or burning diesel heading to the dump.

Halloween is great!

:fire:

5 Likes

Plum brandy when done properly is ( was dynamite)tuica in Romania :romania:
Itā€™s their take on poitin only much bloody stronger

Bought a cola plastic bottle ( normal not large) back to a old boy in Derry who wa on about it
That he tasted similar before and teas pish
Anyways brought in the bottle
Sat it up on front of him
ā€œ go on big man neck it - only a small bottle ā€œ
He did and less than a minute later hit the deck

1 Like

Thatā€™s the official alcohol content

Iā€™m the mountains in Transylvania itā€™s fuckin rocket fuel
Made from prunes
Plums etc etc

Be great for the constipation. A few lads here could certainly do with a dose of it.

1 Like

:clap::clap::ok_hand:

Some would have you believe that aeroboard doesnā€™t burn, but it does. It burns very well.

5 Likes

Just ask Kingspanā€¦

6 Likes

Polyurethane foam. The smoke off that is about as toxic as it gets. If tonight is your last post, weā€™ll know why.

1 Like

What in the name of jehovah are you doing in the carpathians?

1 Like

Was there 12yrs plus
Casa de copii
Worked in orphanages aids tv clinic s etc
Great time in my life tbh
The best
We were gallavanting 7/8 times a year
Lucky my boss was my mate

1 Like

Married a Romanian
Lived with 2 others
They ran
And I ran

3 Likes

A life less ordinary :ok_hand:

I suspect you were sex trafficked

4 Likes

I wish

Btw whatā€™s sex?
Vaguely remember that word

2 Likes

Dirty if done properly, a miracle if done rarely, kinky or perverted depending on whether it involves just the feather or the whole entire chicken, a farce of a carry on whatever way you look at it.

4 Likes

Overrated